X

Avon Road hazard Warrantees... Follow-up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avon Road hazard Warrantees... Follow-up

So I was really curious about Avon's Road Hazard Warrantee, which for the UK had released a press statement they will replace the tire at no manufacturer charge if the wear is less than 1.4mm on the tire carcass effective August of 2004 (previously it was 1mm wear limit). Note that unmounting/mounting/balancing charges still have to be paid by the customer even in cases of road hazards.

So I contacted them, and got this response:

Thank you for your interest in Avon tyres.
    The Road Hazard Warranty operates in the UK, USA and Canada.
    There are slight differences in the terms and conditions applicable in the UK and North America. If you are based in North America you can get more information from our sales office there. The Toll Free number is 1-800 624 7470.

Regards
    Clive Jones
    Inta-Moto Marketing Limited
    Tel 01249 705916
    e-mail [email protected]
    I'll follow up with Avon's 800 # Thursday (probably) and see what they have to say is the US and Canadian policies on the matter.

So, I have a question for those of you running Avons -- how many miles did it take to wear away 1mm and 1.4mm with a Katana? I'm not expecting exact numbers, but reasonable guesses by those who actually rode them.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Well , my AV45/46's lasted like 4-5k , I think . The rear was definately at the wear bars by that time , maybe a little past them ! Not completely bald , but definatelt worn . And I never did a burnout .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I just got off the phone with their rep, who said that it's now valid for the first 1.4mm of tread-depth here in the USA/Canada as well. Currently, they recapture the tires from the USA and send them out to be reused as tire-carcass-to-fuel for a local incinerator. In Canada, they just have the dealer get rid of them via whatever way they normally do. The big deal is that you need to have the original page of the road hazard warrantee filled out at time of original fitment showing the dealership & various info about the installment/fitment, and most dealers in North America aren't getting the sheets with the tires they order from the distributors.

If your dealer doesn't have it in stock, you have to wait for the replacement to arrive. Unmounting, mounting and balancing fees are paid by you and are not covered.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPeot
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Q: Anyone know of a third-party road hazard warrantee you can buy for tires? I'm sure someone has to be selling it...

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Q: Anyone know of a third-party road hazard warrantee you can buy for tires? I'm sure someone has to be selling it...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet

I'm interested, too. I'm on my third rear in two months!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
            Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet

I'm interested, too. I'm on my third rear in two months!
            no doubt...BUSABOI...they are no-no-notorious!(Duran-Duran)

Cyber...I received the form with my tires....and I would guess that the wear would be done in about 1-2 months...

Comment

Someone mentioned they got a 3rd party road hazard warrantee through their dealer, but they didn't mention anything more... I'm hoping for details.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X