No announcement yet.
X

Wheel Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, got a 2nd gen sv rear rim and a first gen sv front rim...

rear rim went on without much issue... had to remove a rubber seal so i could use my original spacer (the spacer that came with the rim didn't push the swingarm for the rear brake out far enough so it was rubbing the tire)

now i'm running into a problem with the front rim, where the speedo pickup fits fine, but the spacer that was on my original rim won't sit all the way into the wheel and as a result, the rim won't go back on the bike

gotta be doing something wrong, because bearkat said he was using a sv rim with sv bearings on his pre... maybe it's not all the way in or something (came online to see if i had to change out the wheel bearings)

Comment

well, just noticed another problem, the diamater of the opening in the bearing on the sv front rim is larger than the one on my stock rim...

oh well, guess it's time to order some new wheel bearings

anyone know what order the measurements are in?

the one for the SV from the parts fiche is:

08133-62037
      Description B1 17X40X12 BA

and the one from the pre 750 are

08123-63027
      Description B1 15X42X13 BEA

guess i'll throw the new tire on the stock rim... figured it'd be easier to sell a matched set of rims, but oh well
      Last edited by joeyz34; 05-26-2008, 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by joeyz34 View Post
        anyone know what order the measurements are in?
        Bearing sizes are typically IDxODxW - inside X outside X width
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

The 03 wheels have a bigger I.D hole for the axle 17X40x12 front where a pre is15X42x13 so its almost impossible to use a 2003 katana front wheel on a pre katana the back is fine same size as the pre. hope this helps yours may vary!

Comment

Working...
          X