No announcement yet.
X

chain tensioner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those types of opinions r cool as the questions...i only did it because i was bored with the bike and as with everything i own i never leave stuff stock. it is my first bike and for what i have in to it i'll never sell it so thought i would stretch it to see if i liked it. i pretty much have enough stock parts left over to build a new katana so if i don't like it i'll change it back. it has been a great bike and is very clean so i'm just having fun. one day maybe i'll get a new bike and do things to that. it's kinda fun customizing this though because most stuff is not able to be purchased so i have made it all from scratch or chrome plated all the original parts.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of customizing things to suit someones personality. It's a great way to express your individuality thru a canvas, which in this case is bikes.

With that being said, there is a point where a modification can do more harm than it can do good. And thats where I would have to agree with Scotty and Arsenic. Stretching a Kat 8" serves no good purpose except for looks and even then thats questionable. What has been done is ruin the way in which the bike handles.

I have a stretch on my 750 and will be changing as soon as I can. I absolutely hate it, not just the way it handles but also how it looks. The only, and I mean only benifit if you want to call it that, is that I get to lay the bike over more.

Also, I would surely put some for of idler gear on that chain. The longer it is the more tension you have to put on it. And I would pay attention to the top swingarm chain guide/protector closely. You have double the stretch as me and my chain practically lays on it

Comment

Originally posted by corkydiesel View Post
        those types of opinions r cool as the questions...i only did it because i was bored with the bike and as with everything i own i never leave stuff stock. it is my first bike and for what i have in to it i'll never sell it so thought i would stretch it to see if i liked it. i pretty much have enough stock parts left over to build a new katana so if i don't like it i'll change it back. it has been a great bike and is very clean so i'm just having fun. one day maybe i'll get a new bike and do things to that. it's kinda fun customizing this though because most stuff is not able to be purchased so i have made it all from scratch or chrome plated all the original parts.
        Best answer ever this is what pushes all of us

Comment

Working...
        X