X

Different treads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different treads

Hi, im new to the forum and had a question, I was hoping someone could help make a decision on some new tires for my bike. I have a 92 suzuki katana 750 and I was shopping for some tires Ive seen some specials on tires but its been hard catching lower prices on matching tires front and back according to the tires sizes recommended on this forum. For example I was looking to try a pair of shinkos, I found sales on 009 ravens or advance front tires in 120/70/17 but have not found a matching back tire in 150/70/17 only different treads of the same brand such as 712s or sr741 shinko tires. Ive tried searching the forum for answer and google but havent come up with any concrete answer, is it safe to run two different treads from the same brand? thanks in advance.

Get a matching pair of radial sport tires... don't mix and match bias and radials of different styles and whatnot. And you're right, it seems like 150/70's are getting less popular all the time.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Yea I thought that would be the answer, thx for confirming loudandlow. Do you or anyone else know a good place online to buy lower cost tires I'm on a budget because of the rest of the things needed for the bike at this time. I've looked at super motorcycle store and eBay so far.

Comment

Ironpony.com and Denniskirk.com..... Jakewilson.com if you want Michelin's
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy_schmooove View Post
          Do you or anyone else know a good place online to buy lower cost tires I'm on a budget because of the rest of the things needed for the bike at this time.
          I price shop every tire order. Tire prices seem to fluctuate a little, and the cheapest today, may not be the cheapest tomorrow.

I usually check Jake Wilson, Ron Ayers, Bike Bandit, and American Motorcycle Tire. I have ordered from each at least a couple times, and every time has been great.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Check derbycycles.com for michelin. That's where my brother and his friends get theirs and where I plan to buy mine. Cheapest I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by thebird_19 View Post
              Check derbycycles.com for michelin. That's where my brother and his friends get theirs and where I plan to buy mine. Cheapest I've seen.
              Years ago, they were the cheapest, but every time I've looked lately, they weren't even competitive. Example, PR3 for my Connie: 342.19 shipped from Derby or 311.85 from RonAyers. (RA is just the first one I checked, not necessarily the cheapest.)
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Doesn't seem to be many options but if your set on a 150-70. how about pirelli sport demons? I had them on both my ninja 250 and 500. I thought they handled great.
                sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by slip304 View Post
                  Doesn't seem to be many options but if your set on a 150-70. how about pirelli sport demons? I had them on both my ninja 250 and 500. I thought they handled great.
                  They are a bias ply tire, and nobody runs bias on a sport bike, so many disadvantages, and no really noteable advantages.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet

Comment

The main advantage would be that they come in 150-70-17.
                    They get very good reviews and are worth looking into as an option.
                    sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by slip304 View Post
                      The main advantage would be that they come in 150-70-17.
                      They get very good reviews and are worth looking into as an option.
                      Plenty of good tires offered in radials in that size. It's a really popular size.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet

Comment

just as an FYI...and it's solely my opinion, so take it for what it's worth knowing that...

when thetable recommends a tire, I listen. He puts more miles on two wheels in a month(sometimes even a week) than most of us do in a year, and he rides in all weather types....I mean ALL weather types. He also rides many more technical roads than the majority of us, and does his fair share of superslab along with. If anyone on this board has experience running all conditions, road surfaces, and even different bikes, it's him. Jussayin'
                        Last edited by teddy; 09-07-2011, 02:19 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                        X