X

newbie needs wheel help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie needs wheel help

I just bought a 05 kat 750 that has a lot of modds the guy i got it from spent some money on this bike. but took some of the modds off when i got it. my question is it had a wide tire kit on the bike but my rim is not wide enough it has stock wheels now is there anything that will drop right in or do i have to get a wheel and change bearings and stuff to make it fit, the bike had a 180 tire on it that mushroomed badley cause of the stock wheel but with the 180 tire i still have about an 1" to 1"1/2 of clearance on both sides of the tire bike shop told me just get a wider rim ??????? where do i go from here

Without knowing what mods were done to it, what swingarm it has, what rear wheel he used, what size the axle is, what rear brake it has, what mods to swingarm were done, it's impossible to say.

Comment

Ask him what wheel he used, then find one of those. That's gonna be the easiest way.
      Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Though op said stock rims. If so there's a whole post on what rims/tires to use. I'd look it up for ya but on my phone the searce function doesn't work so great.
        When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

The guy moved to texas so i have no way of contacting him, but from the looks of it its all stock parts still he expanded a stock swingarm both width and he stretched about 5 maybe 6 inches longer, like i said im running stock rim with original brakes the axle is the same diameter as stock just 4 inches wider a stock axle only goes through one side and dosent come out the wheel too short the chain has been lengthened and the brake lines and caliper support have all been stretched also

Comment

Well, if you run a bigger rear wheel, you will have to fab up a new brake mount. Can you do that? If not, stick with stock rear wheel.

Comment

a 6" gsxr or tl wheel is the most common upgrade, its a larger axle/spacing/brake hanger etc.. but with out specifics its hard to say what the PO did to it... get some good pics and get on a PC and upload the pics to here...
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

ok ill get pics of everything and post so yall have a better understanding thanks for the help so far

Comment

Do the following, and get exact info...

Wide inside the swingarm axle hole to axle hole.

Diam of the axle hole slots.

Length of the swingarm from pivot to the end.

Take the wheel out/off, and take a picture of the swingarm from the top/highest point you can under the tail showing the entire arm.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                  X