X

Spray on snow chains??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray on snow chains??

I'm hoping this is the right part of the forum for this question.

I'm one of those riders who truely does ride all year round and as anyone who has tried riding in snow will tell you, it isn't much fun at all.

Anyway what i wanted to know is if anyone has had experiences with these spray on treatments? looking at the videos i've come across there is a noticable inprovement but this could all just be marketing hype so i was hoping for a actual none biased account.

looks like a solvent suspending pine tar. I wouldn't put much faith in it. Just go to a sports store and get the tacky stuff for bats. Probably the same thing.
    sigpic

Comment

what i've found so far suggests it's a pine tar, just looking for something that will improve my odds for getting home if the weather turns. other option is a dirt bike but can only afford to run one bike.

Comment

can always try, not sure I'd put much faith into it.
        sigpic

Comment

i agree, it would still certainly be a situation where you need to respect the conditions.

Comment

pair of skis...keep your feet down...good luck?

Comment

My recommendation is a dual sport bike with big knobbies. That keeps me on the road through the winter, although after my experience with ice last year, I will be going tire studs this year.

I don't know what the UK laws are, but Best-Grip makes some screw in tire studs that should work on street tires. http://www.best-grip.com/eng/default.asp
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

those screws look like a laternative, prob run them with something like slim in the tyre just for the peace of mind as far as punchers go.

Comment

keep in mind studded tires work great on ice but bad on pavement. Riding on steel studs on pavement will be worse then bare ice with no studs.

I use sheet metal screws in my dirtbike tires. I can go basically anywhere off road or frozen lakes, but i cant ride it on paved streets.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Here's a web site designed for the Suzuki DR650 tires but it might give you some ideas & options for winter riding.

Scroll down to the section on studs, screws & tire chains, etc.

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
                    X