X

88 Kat 600 tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 Kat 600 tires

So I purchased my first bike yesterday. Its a fixer upper to say the least.

both tires had been slashed and are at the top of my priority list. Since i don't have the bike with me until Friday I need help determining the tire size for it.

What size tires can i fit on it? Will only the stock tire size fit or can I put a wider rear on?

its an 88 suzuki GSX 600 katana

Any help is very much appreciated

Thanks,
    Jordan

OEM size is front: 110/80-17 and rear: 140/80-17

If you want to know what will fit, you should read the sticky right above your post.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97884

Comment

thanks for the oem tire size. I did read the sticky and didn't find alot of info that was helpful.

I understand how changing tire size affects the feel and performance but just wasn't sure what i could fit if anything other than factory oem and not have driveability issues.

since my tires are slashed i wanted to put on a nice new set and find out what my options are if i dont put on oem size.

Comment

There are pros and cons to every tire size, you need to weigh those and decide what you want. I'm looking for some posts but can't find them....if I do I'll post them here.

I would read this thread a couple posts below yours.....some good info here on tire sizes and how it affects handling....be sure to click the links in the thread and read those too.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=115130
        Last edited by 05RedKat600; 08-02-2011, 01:20 PM. Reason: FOund it

Comment

that post would be very helpful but its hard to determine when they are refering to pre kats and post. I need to buy some tires and basically looking for recommendations.

I have an 88 Katana 600. should i use a 150/70? will a 160/60 fit?

Comment

Originally posted by 88kat-rider View Post
            that post would be very helpful but its hard to determine when they are refering to pre kats and post. I need to buy some tires and basically looking for recommendations.

I have an 88 Katana 600. should i use a 150/70? will a 160/60 fit?
            They BOTH will fit. Sorry, I can't tell you to just go out and buy a certain size tire. Well, I can, but I don't want to be responsible in case something happens. Buy the OEM size. Those are sure to work just fine.

Hell, you could run a 180 size on there. Should you? No. Do people do it anyway? Yes.
            Last edited by 05RedKat600; 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X