X

Need suggestions on a high mileage rear tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves View Post
    The PR2 replaces whatever the old "touring tire" was in the Michelin line up.
    Pilot Road got dropped with the introduction of the Pilot Road 3.

Apparently the PP 2CT is going way to be replaced by the Pilot Pure...
    I would expect them to drop the PP before they drop the PP2, but if they are smart, they will drop the pure before they drop either of the PPs.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

They had some other touring tire, the one besides the road. It's gone.

Wheeler told JHILDE that the PP 2CT was going away.

I guess the 2CT was too narrow a market for sneakers

They still show it in the line up, but not directly on the website. Time will tell.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Ive put 6000km on my PR3 tires of which 2000 are 2up and we arent the skinniest people.

What I see on the wear is that the center is almost like new and can do another 6-7000km
        The sides are a little more worn out , just because I ride twisties all the time and the only time I travel on the highway is when I commute.

Ive yet to experience that the tires slip. Im confident in riding twisties ( not as rough as the gap ) in rain 2up in 55+ mph.

PP 2CT was going away ???

Isnt that one of the best selling tires ?
        Last edited by mammut89; 08-02-2011, 08:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          They had some other touring tire, the one besides the road. It's gone.
          Well, the road is gone, before that, you had the crapadams
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Pilot Active are the hardest longest sport touring tire Michelin makes.

grip is a 6-7 out of 10
            life is 10 out of ten
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Would never run the Activ, it's a bias ply, and I feel bad enough running bias tires on my KLR.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet

Comment

I have experience with the Conti Road Attacks and Michelin PR2s. The PR2s are amazing. I have 4-5,000 miles on my set and there is so much life left in them. Super slabbed 2500 miles and they performed amazingly in heavy rain
                "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

The tire that is on there right bow is a pilot sport. It came with the bike and I got about 4k out of it.

Comment

Heard really good things about either the Power 2CT's, or the Power Pures.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                      Heard really good things about either the Power 2CT's, or the Power Pures.
                      Miss the title? High mileage tires, neither of those are, not to mention, riders I trust say the pure is crap.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                        Miss the title? High mileage tires, neither of those are, not to mention, riders I trust say the pure is crap.
                        Haha, yep Power Pure is a waste of time.

PR2 is pretty good for long life. Would agree PR3 is better in the wet, but doesn't look to get same life as PR2. So if it's long life you're after, try a set of PR2's.

Comment

As far as performance goes the Power PURE 2ct is a tire that can easily be a track tire.

they dont suck at all in anyway shape or form. Ive got customers that run PPs that get 9000-10000km and rail there bikes on the trackdays.

its not a sport touring tire... its a hypersport tire for street track use
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                          X