X

Tire Date Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Date Question

I just got a 94 Kat 600 a couple of weeks ago and I am going over it to get it road worthy again. My fron tire has a date stamp of "5100" so that one is definitely getting replaced. My question is about the rear tire. The only thing I can find that looks like a date stamp is "018<" What in the world does that mean? I have looked over both sides of the tire many times and that is the only thing that resembles a date stamp.
    “If you don’t like change, you will like being irrelevant even less.”
    -Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

2002 DRZ400E
    1994 Katana 600

What maker is it?

Could be 2001, week 8.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I cant answer your question. others might know more about that.

But what I suggest is that you change both tires at once and go for the same tire type for front and back. you wont regret a new rear tire in any case.
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

It's an Avon. I have been looking at their website to see if there is anything there but no luck so far.

2002 DRZ400E
        1994 Katana 600

Comment

look for the DOT stamp the date of manufacture is the last two digets...
          5100 would be made in 2000 if that is infact the dot stamp your looking at.
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I understand that the front tire was made the 51st week of 2000 which is why I plan on replacing it. My question is about the rear tire with the 018< stamp on it. The tire looks to be in good shape but I am not sure of the age.

2002 DRZ400E
            1994 Katana 600

Comment

Three digit codes were around before 2000, same code, but the only gave one digit for the year. That front tire is old, but the rear needs to find a museum. First week of 98, or 88...
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

So the < in the date stamp probably means nothing? I wasn't sure about that that's why I asked. Thanks for the input guys.

2002 DRZ400E
                1994 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                X