X

Cost of swapping tires on rims?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of swapping tires on rims?

I have a pre Kat and I have a purple set of rims with good tires and a blue set of rims w bad tires I wana swap the tires to te blue rims anyone kno how much it is average to change tires on a bike rim?

Speaking of if anyone is interested I have a purple set of rims for sale lol
    Last edited by Suzuki123; 07-09-2011, 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Lots of 93 katana parts for sale
    Headlight,brake light gauge cluster wheels/rims, coil packs carbs pegs and maybe some more pm for info

It's like Real Estate. All depends on location, location, location. Here in New Jersey, I was quoted $83 per wheel with the wheels already off the bike. That's why I do my own tire changes now.

If you want to go that route you can pick up two tire irons and a bead breaker from Harbor Freight for about $50. An empty laundry detergent bottle provided a couple chunks of plastic to prevent gouging up the rims and the weights for balancing the wheels ran about $2 for all the weight I'm likely to use for the next decade. I got a valve stem tool at Autozone for about $3.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      It's like Real Estate. All depends on location, location, location. Here in New Jersey, I was quoted $83 per wheel with the wheels already off the bike. That's why I do my own tire changes now.
      WOW. I thought my local dealer was bad at $60/set off the bike...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

It all depends on the shop, rates vary wildly. Your best bet might be to post up on a local forum to see if anyone does tire changes on the side.
        Kyle

Comment

Alway sucks when they charge almost as much for a mount & balance as they do for the tire. Do my own also. Saving up for the changing machine but for now my harbor freight bead breaker does wonders. Under $20 and done I don't know how many atv & bike tires. Couple mower tires also.
          When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Yea I'm probably gunna try it on my own 60$ a tire il pass lol
            Lots of 93 katana parts for sale
            Headlight,brake light gauge cluster wheels/rims, coil packs carbs pegs and maybe some more pm for info

Comment

The one absolutely essential tool I forgot to mention was a spray bottle full of soapy water. Use it to lube up the bead and rim when you're installing. Makes life a whole lot easier.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Shop that used to do mine was $35 a tire off the bike, $75 a tire on the bike. Now I mount my own an pay then $10 to balance them.
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Where are you, might be somebody local that could take care of you.

Taking it to a shop, depends on location and shop. Some might charge you twice for pulling and replacing. I would seriously consider just putting new tires on. Unless you put the tires less than a year ago, then it's probably not worth it. Tires go bad with wear AND time.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                  X