X

Tire reviews, the four I've run on my Connie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire reviews, the four I've run on my Connie

I've tried to go through my thoughts on tires but it always feels like a little bit at a time, so I finally took the time to write up for the four tires that I've had on my Concours.

I hope you guys can get something out of it.

Alright, here it is, first blog post... Alright one of the things I have know a little about is tires, maybe it's something about going th...
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Excellent read Joe. Thank you.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My pleasure. Just wish I had time and money to throw more tires into my testing. some of the things I've been reading about the BT023 make me want to give it a go, and for some odd reason, I want to try the Z8, even if I know it's the same tire as the Angel. But I like the PR3 enough that I've ordered another 2 sets since I can't talk anyone into cutting me a good enough price to justify ordering a 6 foot stack of tires.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

PR3s will be going on my bike next, unfortunately I dont get to ride like Rossi and there's a lot of wasted meat on my Rossos left...

I've been seeing a MAJOR shift towards S/T tires on the Kawi forums...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I had far more unused rubber than I would have liked on the sides of all my tires, but I still have to commute, and my skills aren't up to the task of scrubbing the letters off the sidewall.

I believe you will really like the PR3.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet

Comment

just got my PR2's installed last week and im loving them new rubbers

Comment

You'll like them.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet

Comment

I'm thinking of the BT023 more for the price factor or else I'd go Z8 or PR3.
                1988 Honda Hurricane CBR1000F (SOLD)
                2002 Suzuki Katana GSX600F

Comment

Great write up. Thanks for the info.
                  sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

Do macs make you blog?

Nice read though, thanks for sharing
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Nope, but the keyboard is awesome to type on.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet

Comment

Thanks for sharing your insight. My girlfriend's EX500 needs tires....

Comment

I have had very good luck with running these tires on my VFR, great tires for the money. www.jakewilson.com is the cheapest place to find tires right now, plus they ship very fast.

I have had very good luck with a pilot power(non-2ct)/PR2 combo on my VFR but the hot summers out here(az) mixed with some torn up roads wreaks havoc on my tires. At 3k my PP had even wear but I think I broke a cord because I have 1" of raised section that follows the length of the tire causing a wobble at freeway speed. I picked up a pr2 front to match the back for 111+ free shipping though.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemontrym View Post
                            I have had very good luck with running these tires on my VFR, great tires for the money. www.jakewilson.com is the cheapest place to find tires right now, plus they ship very fast.
                            Best price varies. JW used to be the hands down winner for PP, but since price adjustments, this is no longer true. It depends on model, size, and discounts. For my last tire order, Bike Bandit with the 10% AMA discount was the best pricing. RonAyers didn't miss them by far, even after shipping and no discount.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet

Comment

Working...
                            X