Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pilot road 3 problem

anyone seen this ?

I dont know what to think.

Find out which Yamaha is right for you. Find A Local Dealer Today, View Inventory, Get Prices & More. Models: R7, MT-07, Tenere 700, MT-03, YZ250F.
    Last edited by mammut89; 07-03-2011, 11:59 PM.
    2015 BMW S1000R

i'm still on the 2's.thanks for the heads up.

Comment

The guy in the post sounds like tool, I wonder what actually happened with the outcome, if Michelin did anything.

Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I'm running them on the VFR so far so good. Joseph(Thetable) has already worn through one set on his connie with no issues.
        Kyle

Comment

To be honest this is the first bad thing out of a sea of outstanding reviews. I've seen this guy's posts all around the interwebs, his story has some inconsistencies. I suspect that there was some user error involved along the line.

That being said, there is always a chance of getting a bad one in a batch of anything. Unless more of these types of experiences start popping up I'm gonna take it as an isolated incident and carry on. Everyone else I know that have tried those tires love them. They'll probably be the next set on my Kat.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

the actual post in question , so you dont have to slog thru 9 pages looking for it..

Find out which Yamaha is right for you. Find A Local Dealer Today, View Inventory, Get Prices & More. Models: R7, MT-07, Tenere 700, MT-03, YZ250F.

See My Garage for mods...
            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Thanks for the link to the actual post Jay. Perhaps the OP could update the link at the beginning of the thread.

I've heard the story, but put in very little faith in it, because it is the only one I've heard. It seems to be an outlier, and a tire that we have no way of knowing the full history on.

I put 6200 mile on the PR3 down to this point:

No problems anything like that and in all kinds of conditions from heavy rain, to high temperatures and extended twisties and slab.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Oh, and don't miss this piece too: http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6-g...tml#post414891

I'm guessing bad tire gauge. The odds of two tires failing in a similar manner, both looking like terribly low pressure, slim.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Yup, my next set of tires will be the PR3s and that thread smells like a big heaping pile of bull****.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

its always possible, that with the millions of tires Michelin maks a year, that a pair slipped thru. but.. unlikey as to BOTH going to THAT guy.

See My Garage for mods...
                    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                      its always possible, that with the millions of tires Michelin maks a year, that a pair slipped thru. but.. unlikey as to BOTH going to THAT guy.
                      Yup, especially since from the description, both could easily be the result of extremely low pressure.

If you look at the data on the whole Firestone fiasco with the Exploder Sport Trac's, tire pressure played a major role, especially since the tire manufacturer wanted to raise the suggested pressure while FoMoCo wanted a lower pressure to help ride quality.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                        especially since the tire manufacturer wanted to raise the suggested pressure while FoMoCo wanted a lower pressure to help ride quality.
                        I heard they also wanted it a bit lower for rollover protection. Not sure how true that is though...

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                          I heard they also wanted it a bit lower for rollover protection. Not sure how true that is though...
                          Seems possible, but to my way of thinking, higher pressures would equal less grip, more slide, and less likely to go greasy side up.
                          Pics
                          Pics
                          No pics yet

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                            Seems possible, but to my way of thinking, higher pressures would equal less grip, more slide, and less likely to go greasy side up.
                            True, I thought it possible because I imagined the sidewall would compress a bit more.

One of my managers drives a 97 exploder with those Wilderness A/T tires...waiting...

Comment

That was a screw up front Firestone and Ford together... thats why we can thank them for mandated tire pressure monitors on all vehicles starting in 2008
                              Originally posted by arsenic
                              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X