X

Will this tire fit my 600 kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this tire fit my 600 kat?

I want to buy a 150 70 17 rear tire for my bike. The make is "Kenda", any objections/advice/suggestions?

Thanks!

Havent heard of Kenda. But the sizing is right, same size I had on mine before the wheel swap.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by marly003 View Post
      I want to buy a 150 70 17 rear tire for my bike. The make is "Kenda", any objections/advice/suggestions?

Thanks!

The size is fine. I would suggest picking a radial tire, instead of a bias-ply (looks like all the street kenda tires are bias-ply).

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

This is what the tread pattern looks like:

Is that more "cruiser" style?

Comment

Definitely go radial instead of bias-ply
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will have to say "pass" on this tire.

I was considering the tire because a friend had a new one they weren't going to use, so I was getting a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by marly003 View Post
              Thanks for the advice everyone! I will have to say "pass" on this tire.

I was considering the tire because a friend had a new one they weren't going to use, so I was getting a good deal.
              Get a Conti Road Attack. You won't regret it...EVER.
              Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

its a multi purpose tire
                I run that very same Kenda K671 on my cruiser (VT600)
                its a sports, touring, cruiser tire that works very well. its a softer compound then most heavy cruiser tires so it wears a bit faster but it grips a lot better to. just because of my riding style I run sports tires on my cruiser. Most cruiser tires just cant handle it. its also awesome in the wet !

IMO a good good tire for the money.
                there is nothing wrong with a bias ply tire... afterall many of these bikes came stock with bias tires

FWIW for about the same price.... a conti Motion is a better tire overall and a radial

Last edited by hardlydangerous; 06-27-2011, 10:17 AM.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

can you go fatter than a 150 on the rear of a 2002 katana? any benefit to it?
                  2002 Suzuki Katana 600
                  Vance & Hines SSR2 pipe
                  Dynojet Stage 1 jet kit
                  airbox removed and emgo air filters directly mounted

Comment

160. Certain tire mfg.'s say you can run a 170, and a few here do, but a 160 is more than enough tire for these bikes. You should check out the rest of the forum, all kinds of neat info answering just about any question you might have.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Just installed Michelin Pilot Road 3 front 120/70/17 and rear 160/60/17. What a huge ride improvement over the Dunlop Qualifier!!!

Pilot Roads have plenty of grip for aggressive street riding and from what I've read, should last a heck of a lot longer than the Dunlops.

I would suggest Motorcycle Superstore for tires. This set ran me about $300 and I had a local shop mount and balance on my rims that I brought in. Feels like a new bike...shouldn't have waited as long as I did!

Comment

Continental has a few tires in 170 that will fit the 4.5" rear wheel

conti road attack
                        conti road attack 2
                        conti motion
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                          Continental has a few tires in 170 that will fit the 4.5" rear wheel

conti road attack
                          conti road attack 2
                          conti motion
                          i ran a 170/60 motion. never got to the edge. i haven't got the edge on my 160/60 motion. almost. so no benefit from going larger than 150/70.
                          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

thats the question i want to know. if u can go wider on the rear by how much.

Comment

Working...
                            X