Polishing is exhausting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing is exhausting

So,
    I polished the lips on the both rims over the summer, and decided to polish the entire wheel over winter...
    Ive read, and I know theres a coating or texture that exists on the spokes and hubs, so far nothing will even dent it.

Im about to get an angle grinder and go at it with that, or I was thinking about those things Sears carry, but that will probably cost me alot of money, especially with two rims :

Any hints? I know time will be my biggest enemy here, but Im willing to put forth the long effort

thanks

Well I went the same road as Beek on this,
    I just got done painting them with the chrome paint...came out much better than i imagined, and it was so easy to do, no runs or anything

Ill post pics once i clean up my tire, its kinda chrome lol

Comment

I was about to tell you how we polish things at work and then insist you were insane for wanting to do it, but it looks like you've found a good solution.

Comment

Lets see some pics of the chrome paint. What kinda and brand of paint did you use?

PICS!PICS!PICS!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

lol yea, i came to my senses and realized "why bother?" Poo, I forget the brand name, but its well known, its in my basement and I have to go to work im already late lol

Ill take pics when I come home later Promise!

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxxx600
            lol yea, i came to my senses and realized "why bother?" Poo, I forget the brand name, but its well known, its in my basement and I have to go to work im already late lol

Ill take pics when I come home later Promise!
            og yeah try polishing an intacke manifold for a car only to figure out you liked it better painted. So you end up painting over your polishing work..
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

thats gonna look way Hott!! the chrome look is stunning, and saving all that time for a job just as sweet looking...thats even better.

Comment

put on LOTS OF CLEARCOAT!

wise move just painting them...you have to get REALLY close to tell Beeks are just painted

Comment

Well I spoke to Beek, and he ended up not clearing them, bc it didnt look right, so Im just going to cake out the chrome paint and hope for the best, but Im impressed!

Comment

really...good luck with that!

Comment

I couldn't find a clearcoat that wouldn't react and turn the finish grey. I even asked a few so called local experts and gave up. If you want the finish to stay looking new I figure a new coat every two years...still much easier than polishing the whole wheel. I did polish the lips up to the end of the machined inner surface...that is a must.
                      Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

I totally agree, I too polished the lips and it really sets it off nicely. I have some overspray that got onto the lips actually, but that wont be hard to take off...Im charging my digi cam right now, pics in the next 15 mins!

Comment

PICS updated

Ok heres the pics, I still need to clean up the lip and tire, but once its out in the sun, im sure it will be blinging lol

Comment

I really like the old style rim

good job

Comment

Thanks Range, I like the newer style just for the size. The wider rim looks more aggresive.

Comment

Working...
                              X