X

need to know correct length of chain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to know correct length of chain

i have a 96 600 . and i was looking at a 13/48 setup. but i dont know what that would put the chain length at. anybody run this setup before? if so what length of chain do i need? thanks
    Last edited by Shaded02; 06-21-2011, 06:25 PM.

*edit*

A 13t C/S sprocket is too small of a radius.. it wont last long, nor will the chain... stick with a 14 and move up or down on the rear..
    Last edited by GSXFJim; 06-21-2011, 05:30 PM.
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

ok if i stick to 14 and go up to 48 do you know what the length i would need is? just to clarify 14/45 is stock correct?

Comment

My suggestion is to run 15/47.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

well i was trying to bump up the accel. so when i sell this thing itll give the new owner what they r expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaded02 View Post
            well i was trying to bump up the accel. so when i sell this thing itll give the new owner what they r expecting.
            I went 14/50 and acceleration was still painfully slow compared to a gsxr. save your money and just sell the.bike.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

it needs a new chain def and shop guy said sprocket and chain should b done together

Comment

Yes chain and sprocket should be done as a pair but when you get a new chain it should come with more than enough links on it. I know that's not a sound answer. Try googling motorcycleanchor.com I think. They have a big thing on it. Unless someone knows anyone on here with ratios for sprocket combinations
                R.I.P. Adam Horak. Loved and never forgotten.

Comment

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.

Dammit. This thread is almost a month old...come on...
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                  X