X

Conti Motions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conti Motions

What kind of milage are people getting out of these.
    -- I know it depends on riding style, etc.. etc..

Just for normal riding and some commuting..

I just bought a front one..(soon a back too) and was just wondering.. Thanks everyone.
    Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

for some reason i only got about 2500 miles out of a 170/60 rear. i think i had an alignment issue. my current 160/60 is doing better, over 4K and still going.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I have a buddy that has them on his R6 and has about 3500miles on them seems to like them but for the price I'd at least go with the Road Attacks since they're not a lot more.

Comment

yeah $100 difference

Bob weaver in Buffalo has the motions for $90 for 160 60 17
          The road atack is $185

I have a 160 motion ready to go on the back
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I got about a 1000 miles on mine on the rear and it doesnt even look like i have 5 miles on it really like this tire solid in all weather conditions
            1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

I got about 1K on my set. Still look new! Rear ones got a plug and i put about 250mi on it since the plug so.. And NO, Im not driving crazy. Just didnt want to or could afford to buy a 4th tire in a year due to either glass or nails..
              If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXF 600 Guy View Post
                And NO, Im not driving crazy. Just didnt want to or could afford to buy a 4th tire in a year due to either glass or nails..
                I hear u on that 1 on my R1 I picked up a bolt & a file in 2 different new tires..
                01 600...R6 mod, Hacked Factory pipe, ignition advanced, integrated rear turn signals, 03 tail, rear hugger, under tail, blacked out tailight & front turn signals and my own stickers.

Comment

Both are sitting at the Shop waiting to be put on.. Both should be on by the end of July.. Thanks for all the input.

Comment

I have 2.5k and they still look new. just dont get to agressive with them in the corners with out letting them warm up. the rear will slide out alittle, but all in all great for super slab running.
                    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Thanks for the response.. I am a very timid rider andI don't get into the bike at all.. So taking corners too fast I don't think will be a problem. I just like to cruize around, Staying at the speed limit 98% of the time..

Comment

Just put the Conti Motions on this morning. Playing around a little and like them so far. Of course that could be due to the fact that my last tires were at the point of sucking.

Comment

Just got my set on... I went with a 160 Rear. I put 140 miles on them and like them so far.. The only set I had before were the Mich stock tires.. And they sucked. So 200 For 2 tires mounted and balanced... Really like them so far

Comment

my front Motion got almost 9K the 160/60 rear lasted about 6K. the Rally riding used it up!!!
                            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Love the motions

for the price you cant go wrong. we ran #118 in Muskoka frrom Baysville to Cooper falls to #11 in 20 minutes give or take.
                              thats friggin cooking it. the other bike with me was a VFR1200 running pilot pures and we were ripping it up hard pushing it to the limits.
                              The motion on the rear (160 60 17) performed flawless. 1/4 chicken strips show its perfect at any angle even.
                              Compared to the road attack I had on there there is very little difference at all. both perform about the same. The only difference I notice is the rear might slide a lil easier under hard breaking. The road attack gave my bike a lot more noticable wheel chatter under hard braking. the Motion does not feel like its slipping but does not chatter the rear as much.
                              I give it a 9 out of 10
                              For the cost you cant beat them.
                              One of my customers runs them on his zx14 and swears by them. not the best mielage but at 1/2 the price of a tire that gets 2K more its well worth it.
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                              X