X

is this kit worth the money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this kit worth the money?

i have a 97 kat 750 and i need new chain and sprockets and i found this kit but its pretty cheap so i dont know if its any good or not maybe you guys might know im open to suggestions on some kits. http://www.ronayers.com/ProductDetai...52/SKU/1625347
    Last edited by Chimpin07; 03-26-2011, 05:12 PM.

If you want to just replace the stock with the same quality then yeah.

Do the gsxrs have the same bolt patterns as a katana? I thought the rear sprocket was offset differently.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i have no idea lol. well what is some good aftermarket sprockets and chains to increase a little performance?

Comment

Depends, what do you mean increased performance? For increased acceleration go up on the rear.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yea increase acceleration and longer lifespan

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Do the gsxrs have the same bolt patterns as a katana? I thought the rear sprocket was offset differently.
            The bolt patterns are different between the Kat and the GSXR, the Kat is a 5 bolt and the GSXR is a 6 bolt, the base hub diameters are different as well, the GSXR being 120mm and the Kat being 87mm.

The front C/S sprockets are the same spline pattern. The Kat, GSXR, Bandit and TL all share the same front C/S.

There is no offset built into the rear GSXR or Kat sprockets.

And if you want longer life span.. keep the chain clean, lubed and adjusted properly as well as making sure the sprockets are proper aligned.. THAT will give you better life span of any chain.
            Last edited by GSXFJim; 03-26-2011, 10:11 PM.
            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

so that rk kit that comes with everything (i think it comes with everything) would be the best then?

Comment

Hard to go wrong with that but have you checked out the KatRiders store? Hit the link at the top of this page or http://katriders.com/vb/sales.php.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i have checked them out but i want a kit that includes chain and the sprockets i need.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimpin07 View Post
                    i have checked them out but i want a kit that includes chain and the sprockets i need.
                    You will get raped on cost if you order a kit like that, shop around, be patient, and you can save almost 50%

Comment

Working...
                    X