X

Wheel for 2003 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel for 2003 Kat

I just bought a 2003 Katana bent forks, wheel, etc. Got a used set of forks, bolted them on, and low and behold they must be from a 98-02 Kat. Since I also need a front wheel, I was just searching ebay for a 98-02 wheel and an axle with the spacers to bolt up to the 02 forks. The real question I have is does anyone know if the 03-up wheel will fit if the 02 bearings are installed? If so, that gives me a wider range of years for which I can search for a rim. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has run into this conundrum. Thanks for any help in advance. It's getting warmer and I'm ready to get back to riding!
    If it's too fast, you're too old!

Originally posted by smmuller View Post
    I just bought a 2003 Katana bent forks, wheel, etc. Got a used set of forks, bolted them on, and low and behold they must be from a 98-02 Kat. Since I also need a front wheel, I was just searching ebay for a 98-02 wheel and an axle with the spacers to bolt up to the 02 forks. The real question I have is does anyone know if the 03-up wheel will fit if the 02 bearings are installed? If so, that gives me a wider range of years for which I can search for a rim. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has run into this conundrum. Thanks for any help in advance. It's getting warmer and I'm ready to get back to riding!

The 03+ rims have wider hubs, larger bearing holes for the OD, and use flat rotors instead of dished. It would take alot of modifications to make it work with an earlier front end.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

where u live at? i have a front wheel i could sell ya. its off a 2000 kat 750. i dont think there is a difference between a 750 and a 600 wheel
      Vlad The Russian

Comment

I'm in Hanover, PA. Work in Hagerstown, MD.
        If it's too fast, you're too old!

Comment

Hanover is about 2 hrs away but I think u pass thornton pa on the way to ur work... check if u pass thornton pa zip 19373 when u go to work. And if nething u can just give me an offer

Edit: ohh wait nvm ur work is 3 hrs away and ur house is 2 hrs... ur choice if u wonna pick it up.. just give me offer
          Last edited by Vlad; 03-22-2011, 09:39 PM.
          Vlad The Russian

Comment

any fixes?

Comment

Working...
            X