Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

tire sizes for pre's and which tire to get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire sizes for pre's and which tire to get?

hello, im a first time bike owner and i need to get new tires for my pre 750. i dont have the owners manuel so i dont know whats sposed to be on and what CAN go on if i cant find that size. it has 110/80R17 front 160/70R17 rear. but no one sells those sizes.

also im torn between getting michelins new Piolet road 3's and continentals new contiroad attack 2. has anyone used either of them? and what would be the pros/cons for both?

Thanks
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

http://www.metal-fab.net/files/1988-...50-1100F-R.pdf (compliments of Tmod)

This is a link to the service manual. (Right click and chose to save it). If you can't use the link, just go to Katana Wiki search "manual" and all of the manuals will come up.

I have been running the pilot road 2ct for a while and I love them. A bunch of people have the road attacks though.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
      hello, im a first time bike owner and i need to get new tires for my pre 750. i dont have the owners manuel so i dont know whats sposed to be on and what CAN go on if i cant find that size. it has 110/80R17 front 160/70R17 rear. but no one sells those sizes.

also im torn between getting michelins new Piolet road 3's and continentals new contiroad attack 2. has anyone used either of them? and what would be the pros/cons for both?

Thanks

120/70/17 and 150/70/17 are the right sizes for your bike, and the largest sizes you should use for the OEM rims.

I have 2 pre 600s I'm running a set of each ... Conti road attacks, and Michelin Pilot road 2s in the same sizes.

So far I have not noticed a difference in grip or ride. In general performance the road attacks have a little more turn in on the curves. That is to be expected as they are more sport tires than sport tour like the road 2s. Still lower milage on both sets, so to me... it's really going to come down to wear. If one lasts much longer than the other... I'll choose that one. If they wear out about the same, I'll probably stick with conti tires.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

sorry but i dont see were it says tire size in that manuel?

alright thanks krey.. what about wet performance? it rains pretty good here in canada lol and it will be my daily driver
        Last edited by boomer_95; 03-22-2011, 06:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
          sorry but i dont see were it says tire size in that manuel?

alright thanks krey.. what about wet performance? it rains pretty good here in canada lol and it will be my daily driver

OEM tires sizes were actually put on a sticker that was under the seat on the under fender. It's not uncommon for that sticker to be missing now with age.

Neither of the sizes I listed are "OEM". They are the modern equivilent to use for your bike.

The road attacks (ran them for a while now) are impressive on wet roads. Never had an issue.

We (they are on BadFaerie's bike) have just started with the pilot roads, and have not had a wet ride experiance with them yet, but... One of the most common things I hear is people complimenting them for their wet road grip.

I don't think either is a bad choice. Again, it comes back to wear for me... and that is what I'm testing.

Krey
          Last edited by Kreylyn; 03-22-2011, 07:06 AM.
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thats what i just bought for my bike...120-70-17 and 150-70-17 (97 750 kat) but i went with michelin pilot road 2's
            bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

Pilot Road 2's == awesome in the wet.

Comment

lol cmon bro just use search. in the past couple weeks already at least like 10 people asked exact same question about tires
                Vlad The Russian

Comment

Dude, seriously Vlad, telling people to search is wasting your breath. It's NEVER gonna happen. Just get used to seeing a hundred threads asking the same thing, cause that happens.

Comment

yea sadly... its ok thou i remember when i just joined... used to do it couple times untill people posted that there is a magic search button. ive actually searched "search button" in search to read about it . pretty cool how you can use it to search in like google, thats pretty cool
                    Vlad The Russian

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
                      yea sadly... its ok thou i remember when i just joined... used to do it couple times untill people posted that there is a magic search button. ive actually searched "search button" in search to read about it . pretty cool how you can use it to search in like google, thats pretty cool
                      i was the same way, now search button is my friend. i will only ask if i cant seem to find what im looking for
                      J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

Working...
                      X