X

Sent me wrong ebay tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent me wrong ebay tire

Howdy! So I bought what was advertised as a Dunlop Sportmax rear tire but I received a Bridgestone Battleax rear instead. (That is what I get for buying barely used tires off ebay)

How will this tire do with the Dunlop Sportmax Q2 on the front? I had a completely worn out 5 yer old OEM Macadam on there so I assume it is improvement but wtf?

Thanks

EDIT: BT021R
    Last edited by dianhsuhe; 03-16-2011, 11:54 PM.

A wagon wheel would be an improvement over the OEM tire. As for getting "barely used" tires...ya get what ya pay for, my friend.

Good luck.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Which Battleax? If it's the BT45 throw it in the trash.

You bought a touring rear tire and a race radial front tire?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

buy new tires... not 'barely used'. unless ya wanna buy mine of course lol.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I wouldn't buy tires off eBay, even if they claimed to be new.
          1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Which Battleax? If it's the BT45 throw it in the trash.

You bought a touring rear tire and a race radial front tire?
            When I got the bike it needed a front bad and I bought the Q2 without doing my research...

Divorce and lack of work has forced me to buy a used tire (my bike is my only trans.) it is in GREAT condition but as you mentioned does not match.

Oh, I know I am sofa-king-we-todd-ed but to the original question, will it be good for casual riding?

The ebay seller has responded saying he will try to make it right but I need a rear NOW. lol

THANKS

Comment

for the price...if you want cheap and decent..buy AVON's...they have a FREE road hazart warrenty to cover flats from normal use...and they have a 50$ rebate!! busa people like them because they can get semi decent milage!
              03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
              04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
              08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
              10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
              05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                which battleax? If it's any battleax throw it in the trash.
                ftfy
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Dont trash them....
                  run them but keep in mind they will warm up at different speeds and the back will break out long before the front. actually the front compond should always be softer anyway so it does not really make that much difference there anyway.
                  the pilot activ tires are like this... super hard 4-5 compound rear tire for long distance/mileage, but the front is 2-3 compound.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                    ftfy
                    I rode a 750 that had the 003s on it. Took a bit to warm up but they were pretty responsive after that.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X