X

Dunlop GT501

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop GT501

This is kinda after the fact lol I purchased some Dunlop GT501 140/80vb17 (rear) and 110/80vb17 (front) tires. They are classified as sport tires. Think they should be fine for my 1988 GSX600F?

Will they fit, yup, probably so; would I ride them, definitely not. That is a bias ply tire. Old technology is great if your going for that vintage look, but not so much if you want performance.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
      Will they fit, yup, probably so; would I ride them, definitely not. That is a bias ply tire. Old technology is great if your going for that vintage look, but not so much if you want performance.
      Lol yeah figures, I just started to use the search option and the more I read the more I think to myself (Germ why don't you read before you buy?) also seems with these K591 I would want to go 150r and 120f vs the 140r and 110f K655.

Just some brief info, I'm still kinda new to riding maybe have about 1000 miles under my belt. The bikes last inspection was 1998, I've got it running just got the colortune plug and parts needed to do valve adjustments and more stuff coming. I have the tires here but going back and forth about returning them. I'm not ready to push this machine nor do I really think I have any skills to do that yet...

Comment

If there is any possibility to return them, do so.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Send those POS's back! For the same money you could get a lot better.

I've run Dunlops once (I think it was a K491 front and K591 rear) and almost immediately hated them. Selection was pretty limited since I was in Germany at the time (pre-internet buying days) so I made do on the theory that at least they'd wear out by the time I got back to the states. Stupid things wore like iron. That's about the only good thing I could say about them since they gripped about like iron, too. Got a lot of questions when I replaced them as to why I was throwing away tires with so much tread...
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thankyou and I will def use the search option next time, before the purchase.

I can return them for full refund, should I stay with a 110/80v and 140/80v?

Comment

120/70-17 and 150/70-17 is the usual size the pre guys are going to. Should be a fair number of options. I'm a big fan of the Michelin Pilot Road 2 if I'm going to be putting some miles on. On my two "eat tires" bikes, they last the longest, and they grip pretty damn well too.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I went back to the stock sizes on my '95 750 and discovered I preferred the wider 120/70 and 150/70 setup that came on it. The turn-in was quicker with the narrower tires but the bike was definitely more stable in curves with the wider ones.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Cool went with the pilot road 2 and 120 150 setup. Thankyou again.

Comment

Working...
                  X