Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What can you tell me about the rubber that came on my new (to me) Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can you tell me about the rubber that came on my new (to me) Kat?

Hey everybody! I just picked up my first sport bike, a nice looking 2001 Kat 600. The thing has a set of very low mileage Conti Force tires on it. I tried looking them up but I only found links for Conti Force Sport or Conti Force Max and the tread pattern on both of those types is the same as mine. My tires just say Force on them. Is there much of a difference?

Are these sport or sport touring? Single or multi compound? How long do they live? (Most of my miles are freeway) Any info, tips or comments you could provide would be appreciated.

Now I just have to sell my old cruiser ('86 Suzuki Intruder 700).

Cointi Force tires are sport Tour tires. Decent grip, overall good tires for touring. They have a much flatter profile than the more sport oriented tires though.

Our Goal: Healthy Mobility - clean, safe and connected. Our heart beats for this. Learn more about it on our homepage.

I switched to the conti - road attacks. They are a bit more sport oriented, and have more aggresive profiles for the curves.

Unless your specifically looking for track runs or alot of hard curve carving, I would wear those tires out before replacement.

Krey

Originally posted by Crotch Rocketeer View Post
    Hey everybody! I just picked up my first sport bike, a nice looking 2001 Kat 600. The thing has a set of very low mileage Conti Force tires on it. I tried looking them up but I only found links for Conti Force Sport or Conti Force Max and the tread pattern on both of those types is the same as mine. My tires just say Force on them. Is there much of a difference?

Are these sport or sport touring? Single or multi compound? How long do they live? (Most of my miles are freeway) Any info, tips or comments you could provide would be appreciated.

Now I just have to sell my old cruiser ('86 Suzuki Intruder 700).
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Unless your specifically looking for track runs or alot of hard curve carving, I would wear those tires out before replacement.
      Krey
      +1
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...