X

New tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tires

I ordered new tires today. Follow the link to peruse them.

Our Goal: Healthy Mobility - clean, safe and connected. Our heart beats for this. Learn more about it on our homepage.

They are Oscar Mike from Iron Pony as I type. I will be posting a review of these tires as soon as I get them mounted.

So stay tuned...story at 11.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

eager to hear ,will probably need new skins again before the season is done
    Get to see how the Pilot Power stand up on my new ride
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

i like the pilots
      2004 katana 750

Comment

I like the pilot road 2ct. They are expensive but I have gotten them on sale for a decent price from motorcycle superstore. They last about 8k for me. I have never had a traction issue with them once they warm up. I peg drag a lot with them and they have never failed me yet. They keep their shape well even when on the interstate. Not sure if someone has used these and found a better tire, if you have let me know.

Comment

Just out of the box. I can feel a difference in them, from the original Road Attacks. The "Traction Skin" feature is readily apparent, to the touch. It grips your skin like a warmed up, sticky tire would, even though it is cold rubber. The "Traction Skin" is fairly easy to see. It looks kind of like tiny little goosebumps on the tire.

I ordered a 120/70 for the front, and a 170/60 for the rear. The last set of original Road Attacks I ran were also the same size. Even with a 170, it appears that I could fit a 180, but I am leery of deforming the tire by mounting it a stock rim.

Anyway, as soon as the temps warm up to tolerable, I'll get them mounted, and post a ride report.
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

Review of these tires:

Got them mounted at lunchtime, and put a few hours in with the new skins. Firtly, they heat up *fast.* Within a minute of leaving the shop, I pulled over and checked them. Warm and toasty.

They grip so well you, you wish they no grip so well. ::Family Guy reference:: They feel very stable. I did a few twisty turns at speed, and they felt..."confident." I have not hit wet roadway yet, so that'll have to wait.

Thusfar, I can say with all sincerity, that they out-do the original Road Attacks. The "Traction Skin" and "Black Chili compound" are exactly as advertised.

More to follow...
            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
            Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by jjhussell View Post
              I like the pilot road 2ct. They are expensive but I have gotten them on sale for a decent price from motorcycle superstore. They last about 8k for me. I have never had a traction issue with them once they warm up. I peg drag a lot with them and they have never failed me yet. They keep their shape well even when on the interstate. Not sure if someone has used these and found a better tire, if you have let me know.

Same here but I'm at about 10K and they are still going strong.
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
              1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
              RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
              3BBB turn signal mirrors,
              Black painted seat and rear trim,
              Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

yea i got a new set of michelin Pilots. sittin on the porch just waitin to be puto on. i have Sinkos on now. new when i bout the bike, n have bout roughly 5000 on them. A lil worn down. figured i would try the Michelins. Really wanted to go with Continental tho. lil pricey but I'msure there worth it. Might go with them next season..
                Combat Veteran of the United States Marine Corps-0311

Comment

Working...
                X