X

Painting a Supersprox

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting a Supersprox

Well it's time for me to replace my chain and sprockets and I have been reading up on the various options. I think I have decided on the Supersprox for the rear.

However, the gold inner spider really doesn't go with the scheme of my bike (black & silver) so I am wondering about painting it. I was thinking of masking off the actual toothed portion and using some high temp paint (BBQ, brake, exhaust or the like) to coat the gold and make it black or silver. Am I crazy? Anyone have any thoughts? Perhaps I should just choose a different sprocket.
    Last edited by MadMax; 02-19-2011, 10:48 AM.

I've got some very nice anodized AL sprockets in stock and ready to go.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
      Well it's time for me to replace my chain and sprockets and I have been reading up on the various options. I think I have decided on the Supersprox for the rear.

However, the gold inner spider really doesn't go with the scheme of my bike (black & silver) so I am wondering about painting it. I was thinking of masking off the actual toothed portion and using some high temp paint (BBQ, brake, exhaust or the like) to coat the gold and make it black or silver. Am I crazy? Anyone have any thoughts? Perhaps I should just choose a different sprocket.

my bikes black and silver, and I have the same Supersprox.

it looks fine...

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
      mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

See My Garage for mods...
      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

@Steves: That one is second on my list.

@Jay: Got any full on side shots of your whole bike? I just like the look of the black spiders on the front rotors so was trying to mimic that. I suppose I can just go gold, see if I like it then try something different next time.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Comment

mmm.. I dotn have a asie shot from the sprocket side... not stationary, this one is a mite big...

the front disk basket and the supersprox are different colors... the sprocket is more a pumpkin orange than the gold of the disk basket.

I guess if I had my druthers, I'd want black front and back also

See My Garage for mods...
          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

I have the SuperSprox. The anodization will wash off some. The first week I had it I took my bike to the car wash and sprayed the swingarm with purple stuff / degreaser, I then sprayed the rear section/ sprocket , ect... and noticed it come off instantly. Its now a very light gold with silver showing.
            Now the good part... I have just restored a set of older front brake disk and spray/rattle canned them high temperature gold. The trick here is to use " VHT brake caliper clear paint". It requires you to bake the parts at 200 degrees for 1 hour to achieve a rock hard finish that is suppose to resist chipping/ flaking.
            I say, go wild with your imagination and let the good colors and good times roll
            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Cool shot Jay! Thanks for the pic. On yours it looks good because your front spiders are gold too. May not match but at least the same ball park. Mine are black like this:

Thanks for the feedback katanarider. I think I am going to go for it. Blacked our Supersprox it is! Woohoo! I'll post up with my results.

Comment

Working...
              X