X

Post rims on a pre question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post rims on a pre question

Am i correct when i do a post on a pre swap i only need the rims, not the disc or rotors or anything???
    www.koryukan.eu

Originally posted by Dutch GSX600F View Post
    Am i correct when i do a post on a pre swap i only need the rims, not the disc or rotors or anything???

Rear wheel -

Any years 98-06. You need the post wheel, rotor, sprocket carrier. Your pre sprocket, spacers, axle, etc... will work for the rest.

Front Wheel -

98-02 Only years. You need just the wheel. The rotors are swapable between pre and post. Alot of people like the post rotors and consider them asthetically an upgrade over the pre rotors.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks for the quick answer!
      www.koryukan.eu

Comment

I'm currently in the process of swaping the front wheel on my 96 with a post98 wheel.
        I already have the post98 rear wheel with a 160 tire (no problems).

However, I have been told the front wheel with a 120 tire will sometimes rub the fender. I think it depends on the tire you select? I have seen another pre98 with the issue and the owner cut his fender behind the forks to fix the problem.
        My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Does anyone here want to sell their post gsx6 front and rear wheel assemblies so I can use them for my pre gsx6 ???

Comment

Originally posted by teamstrange View Post
            Does anyone here want to sell their post gsx6 front and rear wheel assemblies so I can use them for my pre gsx6 ???
            Welcome to KR first off.
            Second, you can search around the classified area, although I dont believe there are any post wheels there at the moment.
            Or you can enjoy the forum for the knowledge it holds and the great group of guys and girls here, and then after you reach 50 posts post your own thread in the parts wanted section.
            Or the quickest route would be searching ebay.

Hope this helps and goodluck in your search.

Cintidude04
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

so you dont need anything to change between the two for the front? the axle is the same and same with the speedo gear? im trying to find a front wheel and rotors for my 89 750.
              if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

post wheels don't have the speedo pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                  post wheels don't have the speedo pick up.

Post bikes don't use the wheel speedo OEM, but the wheel has the slot that will fit one.

Just need the wheel, all other parts will swap over from the Pre Kat. Make sure the wheel is a 98-02 model.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Post bikes don't use the wheel speedo OEM, but the wheel has the slot that will fit one.

Just need the wheel, all other parts will swap over from the Pre Kat. Make sure the wheel is a 98-02 model.

Krey
                    SV650 (same years, IIRC) uses the same wheels, and also uses a cable driven speedo.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                    X