X

Bridgestone bt-023 review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgestone bt-023 review

Hey guys and gals. I tend to stay away from the forums anymore but though I'd add this as someone may find it helpful.

When I first bought my bike it had those dreaded macadam tires. I installed a set of metzeler z6 based on user opinion and of course advice from CP (RIP). I have to say that was a huge change for the better. Now, with the bike approaching 20k miles, and the metZelers on their last rubber (they went a solid 17k miles), the bike was ready for new shoes.

After a bit of reading and price shopping I settled on a pair of bridgestone bt-023 sport touring tires.

I am blown away. This is as much of an improvement over the metzelers as they were over the macadams. The profile is excellent, providing superior straight line stability, good turn-in, and amazing confidence once leaned over. There is just no comparison, this tire grips tenaciously, and should provide wear approaching that of the Metz.

When I removed the Metz, the center was down into the wear marks, and the sides had lots o tread. I think the shoulders of the tire could have beneffitted from a softer compound, and I think that's exactly what the bt-023 provides.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier, especially with the $300 installed. Drove the bike in, rode off with new tires.

Just to add a bit to this, after riding on them for a month.

I can't believe the grip these tires have. Today some dude on a CBR wanted to have a go and I left him in my dust. He couldn't keep up around the long sweeping right-hander I take every day on my way to work. I used to get scared anything above about 70mph but I had it at about 90 and I still have about 4-5 mm of chicken strip left after that. It's the farthest I've had it leaned over. The are good for some serious lean-angle compared to those other tires I used to have.

What were they called again?

Anyway, I more and more impressed with the grip of these tires the longer I own them. All this in a long-lasting sport-touring tire.

Awesome.

Comment

Hey there Wheel. I don't think I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but now that a few months and miles have gone by, what is your current impression of these tires?

Comment

Wheel's
        Last Activity: 01-04-2011 08:23 PM

Dont hold your breathe, but mayb someone else has the same tires and can comment.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

i put the bt-023's on the wifes sv we rode 2 up on the KR ride and they performed very well.. plenty of grip, there were some bumpy corners here and there but i never felt as if they were going to loose grip. i give them an A
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

The BT-021 was such utter and complete crap, I'm still at least another generation of tire from putting another set of S/T bridgestones on my bike for at least another generation.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

i'm just about to finish off my second rear bt23, on UK roads they suit the Kat well all year round, sun,rain,ice,snow i really can't fault them, and they perform well all the way to the markers. i get about 6-8k out of a back where i live but there is alot of roundabouts on high speed roads so alot of heavy breaking and exceleration, probably see more towards 10k if the roads were better flowing.

Comment

I will not run another Bridgestone tire after the BT016 on the Bandit and the BT021 on the Sprint.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i've not tried the bt16, but when i brought the Kat she was fitted with 21's and i wasn't impressed with them, the 23's are a great improvment over them.

Comment

So, you're saying, they are bad but not horrible
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Frightening, not terrifying...
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet
                      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

i think their fantastic lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X