X

Dunlop D220 tires.....any input?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop D220 tires.....any input?

I did a search and found nothing about these on the site. It looks like they come stock on 04-> SV650's

I am looking for a slightly aggresive tread pattern, because of where I park my bike. I have to ride through my back yard which is mainly undergrowth and dirt. So, needless to say, when it is wet out, the bike likes to play a game of 'spinthereartireandsink'.

The tread looks aggressive enough that it would provide good traction out of the wet/muddy/leafy backyard, but provide a decent ride and railing charectoristics in the wet and on dry pavement.

I would like to see the front tire...to make sure it doesn't have an open line down the center....that makes for scary handling on the highway at expansion joints.

If anyone has any comments on these, please let me know, I have Me-Z4's on the bike now....and they perform wonderfuly, but on the new Z6 design, I don't know if I trust the slick center section to my backyard.

Thanks guys. -Eric

My sig is boring.

I've got the dunlop D205, the D220s are the predecessor to the D205s. I have to ride my bike through similar conditions in the morning, mostly wet grass, I've had no problems. I've ridden in the rain a few times and they work really well. I think they're great in dry conditions. Have no problems railing through the local canyons. My friend had some D220s and really like them. I would have gone with the D220s but they're not recommended for the pre98 600s according to dunlops fitment guide.

The D220 front tire looks like this:
    'He who is not afraid will always be safe'
    --Lao Tzu

Comment

HMMMMM. Well the only thing keeping me from getting them is the dual-path center groove. I don't want to be uncomfortable on the highway with the expansion joints, grooves and tar strips that those damn center lines like to follow.

But I do like the look of the rear....looks like it would do well in the rain, evacuating water and such.

Well. I guess all I can do is try them out.......
      It is either these, or the Continental Road Attacks.

I suppose I will do a bit more research on these.
      My sig is boring.

Comment

those came stock on my SV, and they really weren't bad....BUT, the Michelin Pilot Powers that i replaced them with are light years better! i don't think any good street tire is going to be very good on wet grass, IMO.

Comment

I have to agree. I know tire manufacturers weren't actually keeping in mind that some owners will need a bit of traction in light off-pavement situations.

Hmmmmm what to do what to do.
          My sig is boring.

Comment

Charlie, dont u have these on ur kat ?

Comment

Working...
            X