Just replaced my tires with Michelin Pilot Road 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just replaced my tires with Michelin Pilot Road 2

HUGE difference! Two major reasons.

First, my VFR750 has had the rear replaced, but the front was the same as when I got it, and had a triangular profile. It would headshake under hard acceleration in low gears, or while cornering, and it's been getting worse recently. I thought it was a suspension thing and the extra weight of the luggage system, but now I'm pretty sure it was the front tire. The headshake is entirely gone at all speeds, and it stays smooth and steady in the corners.

Second, I love the way it handles. I don't remember other tires feeling this good when leaned over. It's nice and stable in a straight line, but it takes minimal effort to lean the bike over. It wants to lean over, and once there it's comfortable staying there.

I picked them up on the recommendation of a friend who has put over 10K miles on his ZX-14. I needed some good tires for a road trip and these seemed to fit the bill, but from my riding today I'd be quite confident taking them through twisties as well.

Once you have them you will always want them ...they last and never felt loose or to hard in a corner.

Comment

This is good to hear... I have a set of PR2's waiting for me at home. Will mount them up right after my vacation.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I wanted the Pilot Roads for my VFR but I guess they are quite popular. Shop said they were back ordered until JULY 30th. So I ended up with Perilli Angel ST's. I have ~250 miles on them and they are smooth as silk and VFR handles like it's on rails. So far 0 visible ware. Even the Angel logo with the halo is still looking good (supposed to last ~450 miles). They will be put through their paces soon enough my vacation is 10 days away. Riding 400 miles north, then the gap, and whatever coolness I can find then 400 miles back.

Can't wait.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Just put those on my Aprilia, have about 400 or so miles, i really like them. As was said made the bike more stable.
          Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
            I wanted the Pilot Roads for my VFR but I guess they are quite popular. Shop said they were back ordered until JULY 30th.
            I've had good luck with Motorcycle Superstore. Every time I've ordered tires I got free ground shipping and the tires arrived within a few days, certainly less than a week.

Comment

Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
              I've had good luck with Motorcycle Superstore. Every time I've ordered tires I got free ground shipping and the tires arrived within a few days, certainly less than a week.

Yeah Jakewilson said they were in stock along with MC Superstore. I guess who ever the shop uses as a supplier just sucks. It's cool though, I'm liking the Angel's and they didn't charge me any more for them because the Pilot Roads were back-ordered when they sold them to me.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X