X

better acceleration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better acceleration

i have a 1996 750 kat,if i change my rear sprocket to a one tooth bigger rear sprocket would this improve my acceleration,i can only get one tooth bigger in the uk but a few are smaller by up to 3 teeth,i ride on short country roads so id rather lose some top end to gain in take off

Originally posted by neil66 View Post
    i have a 1996 750 kat,if i change my rear sprocket to a one tooth bigger rear sprocket would this improve my acceleration,i can only get one tooth bigger in the uk but a few are smaller by up to 3 teeth,i ride on short country roads so id rather lose some top end to gain in take off
    Vortex offers sprockets with more options if you wanted.

Increaseing the tooth count on the rear sprocket will increase the low end performance and acceleration. It will also lower the travel speed at the same rpms.

check www.gearingcommander.com for more details on how much of a change it can make.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks again krey

Comment

agree^^^
        -100% JEDI-

Comment

I've got another question, if you increase the rear sproket size do you also have to change the chain (i.e. add links)
          That's what I call a good time

Comment

For every +2 teeth you add on, you need to add links... if only 1, then you will probably be able to use the same chain size.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

A+ that's how it works.
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
              1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
              RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
              3BBB turn signal mirrors,
              Black painted seat and rear trim,
              Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

How does adding teeth to the rear sprocket affect mid range performance? I am also considering installing a larger rear sprocket but how much noticeable acceleration will I gain?

Comment

Working...
                X