Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many miles did you or do you hae on stock tiers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many miles did you or do you hae on stock tiers?

I just changed my stock tiers after 6800 miles.
    BACK ON A KAT - Anyone can go fast in a straight line......

I had 18 miles on them. I hate Macadams. I actually ordered the replacements before I picked up the bike.

Metzeler's tend to last me between 8 and 10k miles.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I put about 4500 miles on the Macadams before wanting more grip and performance. I was actually quite happy with the stock performance before becoming comfortable with the ability of the bike. After changing tires and a couple of other things, I should have ditched the stock tires earlier.

Comment

My bike has just over 2500 miles on it and new tires will probably be ordered in the next couple weeks. The grip from these tires blows... and not in a good way.
        01000010 01101001 01101100 01101100 01111001 01000010 01100001 01100100 01000001 01110011 01110011

Comment

I only got 5000 miles on my barracuda rear tire..cords are showing now in several places, its pretty ugly.. fortunately I have the 411 on a good price on a pilot power, so I'll finally be ordering it this week.

The front is still in good condition, and I'll be replacing that this winter, but its good for now.

Stock tires suck!!

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
            I only got 5000 miles on my barracuda rear tire..cords are showing now in several places, its pretty ugly.. fortunately I have the 411 on a good price on a pilot power, so I'll finally be ordering it this week.

The front is still in good condition, and I'll be replacing that this winter, but its good for now.

Stock tires suck!!
            you get that 411 from anyone we know?

oh and you won't be dissapointed in the pilot power. but if you can go ahead and get the front too. they are soooo much better than the crapadams its unbelievable. my bike has 12000 miles on it. the macs were trashed. ask jimmie.

Comment

22,500kms or 14,000 miles on my first set of Macadams, but I did ride them for much longer than I should have.

I put 16,000kms or 10,000 miles on my last set of Metzeler Z6s, The read was to the wear bars but the front still had a few K left in it. I swapped out both because I was going to the Rally.
              Kyle

Comment

I put 17,000 miles on the stock dunlops....then got the metzlers and thought.....o....that helped.

Comment

I got about 8,000 kms out of my mac's before got a flat. Still had some miles left in them, but they were showing quite a bit of wear

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
                    Originally posted by WildKat

Stock tires suck!!
                    you get that 411 from anyone we know?

oh and you won't be dissapointed in the pilot power. but if you can go ahead and get the front too. they are soooo much better than the crapadams its unbelievable. my bike has 12000 miles on it. the macs were trashed. ask jimmie.
                    I believe you already know the person w/ the 411.. you've road w/ him before

I'd love to get both now, but can only swing one since this is a busy time of year coming up..everybody and their brother has a birthday or anniversay in the last 4 months of the year, not to mention our own bdays, anniversary's and christmas, etc..so I'll probably ask santa for the front and then I'll be all set.

Comment

I put about 9k on mine. I rode them much longer then I should have, they were cupped really bad (at least 1/8")

/kiba
                      find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

I have about 6300 on my stock macadams and I am so ready to get some "real" tires. I could probably get a couple thousand more miles but I am definately ready to change...........
                        2004 Katana 600
                        D&D carbon fiber slip-on
                        Factory ignition advancer
                        K&N Filter
                        Dynojet jet kit

Comment

About 11,000 on the stock Dunlops on my 750.

Comment

My stock tires had about 7500 miles on them when the back one got a hole. At that point, I just got replacements.

Comment

Putting on the new pilot power tomorrow, so the counter starts all over again but this time fortunately with a much better tire.

Comment

Working...
                              X