X

less tread on the front

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• less tread on the front

Okay so I'm tossing those sorry ass crapacadam's, just cant keep it from sliding anymore. I have a question though, There is about 5500 mile's on them and the back isnt to bad but the front is about bald. Way more ware then the back. Is that normal? I have the front suspension set pretty soft and was thinking that may have done it. Well actually it's as soft as it can go. By the way I'm putting on 120/60 and 160/60 on my 03 600. And they are Diablo's so HAH.
    2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
    vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
    JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

I found my Macs wore much faster in the front than the back when I finally replaced them. I think at the time I was running mine lower than I should have and I had a lot of highway miles on them.
    Kyle

Comment

The Macs set to the recommended pressure tend to wear fast in the front and overheat as well (resulting in uneven treadblock wear). I think Suzuki stated the recommended tire pressure in the front too low, and I know they set the basis for the tire pressure on a 140 lb rider (you have to increase pressure for load weights higher than that).

Congrats on the new tires -- you won't be disappointed!

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sounds like the diablo or metz z6 is the way to go for long wear? I am in the market too. My D208's lasted for about 3500 miles and need replaced. I was looking at mich. pilot power's but I also need to commute 106 miles a day.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
          Sounds like the diablo or metz z6 is the way to go for long wear? I am in the market too. My D208's lasted for about 3500 miles and need replaced. I was looking at mich. pilot power's but I also need to commute 106 miles a day.
          That's my humble opinion. I usually get 8 to 10k from the front and 7 to 9k from the rears before I get to minimum groove depth, with the pressures set to 36/39. And yes, the back will square off a bit in that distance normally here in Florida (no curves to speak of)... I suppose if I lived around the gap, I'd only get 3 to 5k on them

cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I must make that change soon even though our season will be over by the time I can even see wear on the new tires. OH WELL, I can get the pilot power's for $233 shipped from American Moto tire
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Here's a pic of my new and old set of Z6s, they had 16,000kms or 10,000 miles on them.

Kyle

Comment

Working...
              X