X

wobble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wobble

Ok I just noticed today when I was on the interstate that my bike had an awful wobble, doesn't do it at low speed, now my front tire is worn, one side is worn more than the other. Could that be it or something else?
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Bump
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

Do you carry any luggage or anything that could potentially offset the weight of the bike?

Comment

That could be your problem. Or maybe you threw a wheel weight and now the tire is unbalanced. Looks like you need to buy new tires if the front is all worn out, probably caused by running the air pressure too low.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

a cupped frt. tire will give you a head shake

Comment

Originally posted by overboost07 View Post
            Could that be it or something else?
            Is this a new occurrence, or are you just now addressing it?

Could be low tire pressure, the worn tire, bad wheel bearings, bad steering head bearings. But it's probably a combination of the first two.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

get a new front tire, if it doesnt go away id be worried. Cupping is the #1 cause and if one side is worn more than id look at the tire first.

Comment

Let's start with the basics. What tires are you running? What pressures are you running?

Rub your hand front to back and back to front. Does the tire want to grab your hand? If so, then the tire is cupped, and the best fix is a new tire.

You probably also want to check the head bearings and wheel bearings. Loose bearings will give similar symptoms.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Check tire pressure, loss of wheel weights and visually inspect the bike to see if anything is out of whack (out of alignment). Check forks and rear wheel alignment. I road a bike with a bent frame that had been straightened, it wasn't until well over 100 mph that the bike started shaking (violently). You've most likely lost a wheel weight or something is out of alignment, the unequally worn front tire tends to make me suspect the front end.

Comment

Working...
                  X