X

change tire size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change tire size?

I have a 200 kat750 I what to get the bigest rear tire as possible 180? I there a rim that will fit with no mods. need some info.
    thanks

Originally posted by kcs View Post
    I have a 200 kat750 I what to get the bigest rear tire as possible 180? I there a rim that will fit with no mods. need some info.
    thanks
    Short answer, no...

Minimal mods would require thinning the caliper bracket, and an alternative brake arm using a 5.5" rim for your swinger.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Let me guess, you want a bigger tire for the looks. Right? It must be since a 170/60 from several manufacturers will fit your OE wheel with no mods.
      If I'm wrong about your reason for a wide tire, just put a 160/60 or 160/70 on it. You'll keep your handling in tact and have a tire that can handle all the power your engine can make.

Comment

Yea, just for the looks. Ive done some mods and the stock size just looks small now. Thanks for the infol

Comment

Working...
        X