Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Pressures - 88-96

FYI
    The Correct Pressures
    The tires must be checked when cold, not immediately after riding. Note that low pressure may cause the tire to slip on the rim or come off. High pressures will cause abnormal tread wear and unsafe handling.

GSX600F - F33psi / R36psi

GSX750F - F36psi / R36psi (solo)
    GSX750F - F36psi / R42psi (passenger)

GSX1100F - F36psi / R42psi

These pressures are brand-dependent and load-weight dependent -- the numbers you quoted are specific to the OEM tires that shipped with the bike when it was brand new, and reflect Suzuki's recommended tire pressures for those specific tires.

Other manufacturers, whose products have evolved & changed over the decades since then may well recommend other settings as the base-line setting with your specific make/model/year. Always check the tire manufacturer's recommendations.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

good to know... haynes isn't reliable for everything.

Comment

Haynes is actually dangerous when it comes to some of the torque-specs. For torque-settings, always go back to the Suzuki Factory Service Manuals.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

Comment

The bad part of that is not many people have spent the $90 for the suzuki manual, even though you can still get them from the dealerships.

Comment

Originally posted by 97-Katana600 View Post
            The bad part of that is not many people have spent the $90 for the suzuki manual, even though you can still get them from the dealerships.
            Most of them are available online (albeit probably illicit copies) -- see

for links.

On the flip-side, if you want the actual paper manual, I can get you the factory printed editions for about $50 delivered (rather than the $90 your stealership wants).

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Factory service manuals ftw. Completely invaluable resource.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

does the manual cover different years cause i eventually want to drop a built 1100 motor in with a lil boost. or would i be buying one for the frame and one for the motor.

Comment

different models, different manuals.
                  You get an 1100 -- get an 1100 manual.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

Comment

The pre Katana factory service manual online covers all pre 600,750 and 1100 models
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                      The pre Katana factory service manual online covers all pre 600,750 and 1100 models
                      The links in the database for the pre's are NOT the OEM Suzuki factory service manual(s), but the Haynes aftermarket, which covers all three.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i run high psi due to the fact that im heavy(i love southern fried food) at 235 i just like the way tires feel when ran a little on the high side. and in my opinion front tires seem to cup faster when ran at factory recomended pressures. im no expert but i run 40psi up front and 42-44 out back. i am close to the weight of two up all by myself and these pressures just seem to work best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by cameron View Post
                          i run high psi due to the fact that im heavy(i love southern fried food) at 235 i just like the way tires feel when ran a little on the high side. and in my opinion front tires seem to cup faster when ran at factory recomended pressures. im no expert but i run 40psi up front and 42-44 out back. i am close to the weight of two up all by myself and these pressures just seem to work best for me.
                          +1

As I've explained in countless other threads, the idea in general is to increase the tire pressure so that the contact patch size remains the same with you on the bike as it would be at the manufacturer's recommended minimum pressures with you off the bike -- bigger load = higher pressure to compensate. That way the tires retain the geometry that the manufacturer put heavy dollars of research into developing and the tires run in the temp range they were designed for.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                          X