X

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I check em before I get on.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Fancy gadget.That was how much my pool filter just cost me.

Comment

I don't have that one but I do have the now discontiued Smartire tire pressure monitoring gizmo.

Works great. When the tire pressure or temperature are in normal operating specs, the LCD display only shows to individual rectangular bars. The bars represent the the two tires. It displays it this way so as not to be a distraction trying to read several numbers while traveling down the road at speed.

With a push of a button it will cycle through tire pressure, deveation from correct tire pressure then lastly temperature. First with the front tire then with the back tire.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I've looked at it, but have been waiting for the prices to drop to "reasonable" (under $100 with all the hardware). I like the tire-valve-cap solution better than an in-rim solution in terms of ease of mounting and total weight, but I'd be so very upset if I lost a tire cap or someone swiped one...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Could be handy for monitoring pressures on a trackday ... wonder how well they hold up over 100 mph? That's a lot of centripital force.
            - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
            2005 F4i -

Comment

Originally posted by Kila-Beave View Post
              Could be handy for monitoring pressures on a trackday ... wonder how well they hold up over 100 mph? That's a lot of centripital force.
              Depends on the strength of the tire valves (for the valve-cap systems). Use my aluminum tire valves and it shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

No chance in hell I would run a valve cap style monitoring system. They defeat the action of the schraeder valve itself, and leave you completely dependent on the unit and the seals on the unit to maintain pressure in the tires.

The better solution is to buy the valve stems CP sells and a proper tire gauge. With CP's valve stems, it is so much easier to get to them to check pressure and add or remove air.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                X