X

shinko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shinko

anyone running shinko's on their ride?there pretty cheap,just wondering about grip,and how many miles there good for.i know you usually get what you pay for,but just curious for some feedback.

If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
    Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
    Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

there are a few threads floating around about shinko's....i have no complaints about mine

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

cool!still try'n to decide,looking at the pirelli diablo as well,heard alot of good stuff on those

Comment

which diablo's? thats a totally different price range
        Let's go riding!

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie6 View Post
          which diablo's? thats a totally different price range
          strada possibly?yeah i know theres a price difference,thats why i was asking bout the shinko's...more wallet friendly!

Comment

I don't know how much the shinko's are but i believe i paid $270 shipped for Conti road attacks 120/70 and 160/60 from MoPowersports.com. got them fast too
            Let's go riding!

Comment

I recommend the Stradas personally. I tracked mine and they stuck real well, and they didn't show much wear after about 4.5k after that (traded the Kat in, so I don't know total lifespan). 4.5k plus a track day isn't too bad, I'd say they were at least 60% left at that point and hadn't started flat-spotting or cupping yet.
              - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
              2005 F4i -

Comment

Originally posted by Kila-Beave View Post
                I recommend the Stradas personally. I tracked mine and they stuck real well, and they didn't show much wear after about 4.5k after that (traded the Kat in, so I don't know total lifespan). 4.5k plus a track day isn't too bad, I'd say they were at least 60% left at that point and hadn't started flat-spotting or cupping yet.
                interesting. Two different opinions.

If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
                Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
                Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !
                Let's go riding!

Comment

Originally posted by Kila-Beave View Post
                  right on,thats pretty good.a friend of mine pretty much wasted a new set of michellins at the track.so the pirelli are lookin good.

Comment

I have run my 005's at the track and hey held up great, still running the same set on the street.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

so the shinkos held up good on track too huh?how much did you pay for em?

Comment

heres a post from a local forum

key went right through them!

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post
                          right on,thats pretty good.a friend of mine pretty much wasted a new set of michellins at the track.so the pirelli are lookin good.
                          Here's a closeup of the Stradas after the track day. Prolly had 500 miles on there before then. Just heated up the upper layers, didn't eat into the tread much.

- Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
                          2005 F4i -

Comment

thanks for all the input guys,im gonna go to cycle gear tomorrow and see what kinda deal i can get.

Comment

I herd bad about the shinko on another board ,but some here like them i see -what i heard they crack real fast , and they dont trust them in corners ....so i have michelin pilot road they are like glue they dont move unless a tell them to move

Comment

Working...
                              X