X

Wire Wheels???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire Wheels???

Is there a custom wheel maker out there that can make-up a set of wire wheel for our Kats?? I think that the retro look with modern rubber would look great on our bikes.

Thanks

1995 750 Katana

Minor mods, Yosh Exhaust, K&N Jet Kit, K&N Pod Filters, Corbin Seat

I'm sure there is..
    check a Harley Magazine...
    I bet there are a slew of custom wire wheel makers.

Comment

Buchanans,in California.
      Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

When I saw the title of this topic, I was expecting, like, 150 spoke gold Daytons or something. I was going to mention that curb feelers would go real nicely with them....... but in reading it, the idea of retro-izing a kat is kind of a neat idea. Wires, maybe some low mounted megaphones, rounder tank, round headlight...... but all with more modern reliability and performance.... hmm.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Any aftermarket wheels I've looked at cost a fortune.

Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

The hard thing is finding 17" rims at a reasonable cost. You can get sunstar rims from Buchannons for around $250-300 a rim, but I don't know if that incudes the spokes and hub or not? A set of excel rims with talon hubs can be dead sexy but can also set you back between $1000-1800 a pair.

If anyone find a good source for wire rims let me know...I have a friend converting a cb750 into a cafe racer and he's trying to find some 17" rims (3.5 front and 4.5-5.5rear) to replace the stock 19" front and 18"?rear. He's looking to get the look of the spoke wheels but the diameter and width to be able to use modern sized rubber.

Comment

Drag Specialties!!!

But why, defeats the whole Sport Tour thing. Why not just buy a Cruiser for the cost of those wheels LOL
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

The biggest problem is finding the correct hubs!!! One thing that I'm going to try is an older GS model with wire wheels. I have a motorcycle salvage yard close by. It may or may-not work, but I'll give it a shot.
                It may turn out to cheaper to get the wheels chromed or powder-coated
                (I know it's cheaper!!!)

Thanks

1995 750 Katana

Yosh Exhaust, K&N Jet Kit, K&N Pod Filters, Corbin Seat

Comment

Working...
                X