Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

So how long does a rear Metzeler Z6 last?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how long does a rear Metzeler Z6 last?

Mine lasted 16941kms. Not bad.

You wouldn't believe the crud that was stuck in the rubber. At least 5 pieces of metal of unknown size/shape/origin. Lots of nics and holes.

I actually felt it going a bit wobbly yesterday on the way home from work.

I wanted it to last 20000kms just so I could say that it did.

In reality I wanted it to last until Monday because that's when I booked in to get brand spanking new Z6's on again.

Sweet. Can't wait. I'll be sideways again on Tuesday morning!

That wasn’t a departing gift from Slayer was it??

For my last 2 tires here are the milage i got from them.
    Pirelli Diablo Strada = 8384 miles.
    Metzeler Z6 = 8184 miles
    Also most of those miles where on the highway which seems to really eat up tires..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
      Also most of those miles where on the highway which seems to really eat up tires..
      Really? I figured twisties were much harder on tires since the load gets pushed into the side. But I guess on the highway, the higher speeds run the tire hotter? Interesting.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Really? I figured twisties were much harder on tires since the load gets pushed into the side. But I guess on the highway, the higher speeds run the tire hotter? Interesting.

That and it wears just the center of the tire squaring it off..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I get rid of tires when they start to get squared off... I hate the way it makes the bike handle, especially at fairly low speeds (city)

I put my Z6's on at the beginning of last season... done about 5000kms on them so far and I don't even notice any wear on them yet.
          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

I got 15,769km out of my last Z6

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

The rear Conti on my bike when I got it was squared to hell. The PO rode it 5 miles to school and back and that was it...that thing was flat topped like Frankenstein, a quick turn in was nothing short of a miracle.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I think Fred's right. I don't bother taking my twisty route to work when it's been raining the night before as the road gets way too slimy with leaf debris and the road stays wet for half the next day.

Instead I spend an hour on the highway each way. During the nightly monsoonal weather during Feb I went on the highway for about 3 weeks straight. Noticed the sudden wearing of my tyres straight away. The seemed to be much happier when they were going around the twisties.

Comment

I got a little over 8k miles on my Z6's but they had the best performance. The Dunlop D220's and Avon ST45/46's have been my best all around with 10-12k per set.
                  2005 Aprilia RST1000
                  2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
                  1998 Chevy Tahoe
                  www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    The rear Conti on my bike when I got it was squared to hell. The PO rode it 5 miles to school and back and that was it...that thing was flat topped like Frankenstein, a quick turn in was nothing short of a miracle.
                    Yeah , squared-off tires can be SCARY . Once you see the night/day difference , you'll NEVER wanna have to deal with that again . That's a big part of why I don't wanna commute on the bike .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Highways are bad for the tires but fast, hard acceleration and two up riding are the worst
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

I think I got 14,000 off of mine.
                        sigpic

RIP CP
                        50th Anniv R6
                        95 Katana 600
                        http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Holy CRAP ! . I seem to go through 2 rears , and CLOSE to 2 fronts a year , and I'm typically at less than 10k/yr . Average seems more in the 7k range the last couple years with no commuting , just play-riding .....
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I ride to work every chance I get. 70 miles a day.
                            sigpic

RIP CP
                            50th Anniv R6
                            95 Katana 600
                            http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                              Holy CRAP ! . I seem to go through 2 rears , and CLOSE to 2 fronts a year , and I'm typically at less than 10k/yr . Average seems more in the 7k range the last couple years with no commuting , just play-riding .....
                              Hahaha. I hear ya. I could have changed happily at about 12,000kms.

I do about 1000 per fortnight both commuting and having fun.

Can't wait for the new set. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X