• Show
Clear All

• Metzler Z6 interact tire review

Found this and thought some may be interested
    http://www.motorcycle.com/products/m...iew-88044.html
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Cant wait to get a set!

Comment

Figures, I bought a set last week... Actually, they probably won't have Kat sizes in the new design for a while anyway. I just got my new Z6's scrubbed in last week and haven't really had a chance try them out yet. I work two weeks out of town, so I ride like mad for one week, then dream about riding for two weeks while I crush rocks...

Same situation with my iPod touch, I bought one, and the next week they came out with an updated - better model with a speaker and more buttons.

Maybe I need to develop more patience, or maybe just luck of the draw?

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post
        Figures, I bought a set last week... Actually, they probably won't have Kat sizes in the new design for a while anyway. I just got my new Z6's scrubbed in last week and haven't really had a chance try them out yet. I work two weeks out of town, so I ride like mad for one week, then dream about riding for two weeks while I crush rocks...

Same situation with my iPod touch, I bought one, and the next week they came out with an updated - better model with a speaker and more buttons.

Maybe I need to develop more patience, or maybe just luck of the draw?
        I got an 8 gig at Costco for $210. but I did not notice extra buttons.

Comment

Thanks Katman

Comment

thanks for the info!
            I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
            Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
            My prayers go out to his family & friends.
            He is the best there was and ever been.
            RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

I have been happy with my Z6's so I figure I will go with the current iteration when it comes time for new rubber. Thanks for the link.
              Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Motorcycle Consumer News had nice things to say about them as well
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Figures, Avon was copied again. They have been using what they called VBD or variable belt density for a few years now. It works well, my only problem with the Storms was that the profile was too square and I would regularly run past the edge.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                    Figures, Avon was copied again. They have been using what they called VBD or variable belt density for a few years now. It works well, my only problem with the Storms was that the profile was too square and I would regularly run past the edge.
                    How were the Avons in the rain?
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

The Storms did well in the rain, even with minimal tread depth at the end of their life. And they lasted fairly well too. I may give them another shot on the Buell, but I'm hoping to make it to fall before I get to them. Even going through as many tires as I do, they are still a ways off on my list for the new bike. (PR2, Interact, Storm, RoadSmart)
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet
                      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Nice review. I spent the whole day breaking my Z6's in. Can't have any chicken strips, God forbid, I'll never live it down.

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                          The Storms did well in the rain, even with minimal tread depth at the end of their life. And they lasted fairly well too. I may give them another shot on the Buell, but I'm hoping to make it to fall before I get to them. Even going through as many tires as I do, they are still a ways off on my list for the new bike. (PR2, Interact, Storm, RoadSmart)
                          You might consider the Pirelli Diablo Rosso. I do just as much commuting as hard riding and mine are holding up phenomenally so far.

So close...
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I was actually considering those for my next set of tires. Pirelli itself is a good name to invest in and i know they're tires are reliable. I'm still tryin to figure out what tire of theirs to get
                            I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
                            Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
                            My prayers go out to his family & friends.
                            He is the best there was and ever been.
                            RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              You might consider the Pirelli Diablo Rosso.
                              I'm afraid I put too many miles on to seriously consider anything that is marketed as a pure sport tire. The Strada's that were on the bike OEM, just made it past 7600 miles before they were done, combine that with the fact that I am on track for 30k this year, and it adds up to big money in rubber.
                              Pics
                              Pics
                              No pics yet

Comment

Working...
                              X