X

Need tire input

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need tire input

I`m in need of some new rubber at a good price.I can get a set of conti force sport for $201 and bridgestone bt-021 for $224 from http://ridedirect.com. Any of you guys and girls have any experience with any one of these brands because I cant make up my mind.I actually wanted the Metzler z6`s but they not within my price range.Thanks
    1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

i just got some new conti road attacks and they are great

Comment

+1 on the road attacks, have approx. 3,000 miles on them with very little signs of wear. The small letters are worn off but the tires look good. I am going to have to replace the rear soon cause I picked up a couple of industrial staples. Stick great in the dry, I don't ride much in the rain but the only time I had any problems was when it first started raining after a several weeks without and I was going over a painted strip on the highway, the back slid a little but straightened right back up.

JHILDE
      Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

+1 for Conti Road Attack
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

Conti Road Attacks!!!
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

The conti-force sports are what I'm running. I like them alot, and have plenty of grip.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

For the sake of being different im going to suggest Pirelli Diablo Stradas.... not that you will go wrong with the Conti's or the Z6's.

Comment

Both the road attacks and the BT021 are fantasic tires
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I've run the regular Conti Forces, (never heard of the "Sport", only the Force and the Force Max.) I actually really liked the tire, but it didn't last as long as I wanted. it did great in the wet, handled well, and warmed up quickly. I would run another set without question. I haven't run the BT021's but I have heard decent enough reports about them, it could be a second choice in the price range.

As to everyone pointing in other directions, the OP is looking at tires in a specific price range, none of the ones you all have suggested are in that price range. And based on my experience with the Road Attack on my Buell, it is the biggest piece of crap I have ever put on a wheel. While it is great in the dry, in the wet it continually leaves me wondering on which side my rear end is going to pass me. I will never spoon another set on. Oh, and they are wearing much faster than the original Strada's too.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                    I've run the regular Conti Forces, (never heard of the "Sport", only the Force and the Force Max.)
                    The full name of them is basicaly...

Continental Force Max-Sport Radial

Just as an FYI...

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                      I will never spoon another set
                      You said Spoon JK
                      Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Originally posted by JHILDE View Post
                        You said Spoon

My Diablo Rosso's were $230 for the set, that's pretty close to your range. I reccomend saving up a bit more money and ponying up for some good tires, you will not regret it.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          The full name of them is basicaly...

Continental Force Max-Sport Radial

Just as an FYI...

Krey
                          Copied straight from the Conti site:
                          ContiForce Max
                          ContiForce

ContiForce, is the more mileage oriented tire, ContiForce Max, is the more sport oriented tire.
                          Pics
                          Pics
                          No pics yet
                          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

My Diablo Rosso's were $230 for the set, that's pretty close to your range. I reccomend saving up a bit more money and ponying up for some good tires, you will not regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Delgado View Post
                              Where did you get them from?
                              They were on sale at a local dealer. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you much.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X