GTA Area Tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA Area Tires

2 questions

is there any local KR in the GTA that need a set of tires for their bike? i do and interested in seeing if we get a few of us together we could get a better price.

or do you guys know where i could go. im not a big fan of ordering tires online but i do want to get a price break from a local dealer.

im located in Oakville.

how about maybe some direction to get these tires in canada. i just called my local bike shop and they want about 700$ for the Z6 installed.

thats just insane

Comment

Holy **** are you serious? is that price with the Lube included or do they just plan on bending you over and and having at it lol.

Call around, Sturgess in Hamilton is 30 minutes away, Riders choice is up the road the other way. There's a honda dealer in town too.

Have you checked out this guy?

$320 + taxes and shipping, then you just need someone to mount them.

Or there's

He sells the Shinko's and they're starting to get decent reviews on here.
      Kyle

Comment

sweet thank you very much for that. ill order them up, and i guess take the tires off the bike.

this will be my first time do this, but looks like im going to learn.

Comment

I saw GTA and I thought there would be something in here about Vice City

Comment

Call around and see what people want to mount your tires, rims off Rosey Toes charges (I think) $20 a tire. If you search GTAM I'm sure you can find someone on there that will mount and balance your tires for cheap.

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
            I saw GTA and I thought there would be something in here about Vice City
            lol
            Kyle

Comment

Most shops are charging $75 a tire now to install and balance. Long gone are the days when they chraged 30 mintes to do a 30 minute job...Today you pay the full hours shop rate per tire.
              PLUS The cost of tires went through the roof this year....
              a tire that cost me $150 last year is aprox $220 this year....

thats about right from most shops for Z6's
              $285 for the rear
              $249 for the front
              $150 to mount and balance both
              = $680 before taxes

Buy them from me
              Front = $220
              Rear = $240
              I don't do the install and balance in house though so i send them out...

after balancing aprox $610

OR

Conti road attaks
              Front = $ 190
              Rear = $ 198

Aprox $ 550 after balancing

You can buy the tires and then shop around for a cheaper place to install and balance them. They guys that have tires left over on the shelves from 1-2 years will have much lower prices
              Last edited by hardlydangerous; 04-17-2009, 10:21 AM.
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

from what I hear nobody in this area can touch this guys prices on tires

He has tons in stock and you would want to make sure you have an appointment because they are always busy
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

sweet i will look into these options as well. thanks a lot guys

Comment

ZDENO seems like a very good place. im in that area pretty often as well so i will go there. thanks guys

Comment

Make sure you check the date on Zdenos tires...
                      also make sure they are actualy NEW... they sell a TON of used tires
                      Some of his tires on the shelf are 3-4 years old

i've delt with them for YEARS but they are starting to rip people off.
                      Tire changes are still cheap through them but your better off finding a static balancer and doing the balancing yourself.

i have a KZ650 i'm restroring and shopping for a rear brake arm and brake rod, they tried to soak the owner $60 for both ....almost 2X the cost of new parts.
                      After a couple calls i finally got them to agree on $25. I drove up there from Niagara falls only to be told they don't have them.
                      I bought my EX500 windscreen from them, they wanted $50 for it and it was scratched up pretty bad i pointed out a new one, tinted was only $15 more from one of their suppliers.
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

If you go to Zdeno see Al
                        It is HIS shop , the only person I have ever really delt with

Comment

I second that... got a great deal on Metzler z6's there.

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                          from what I hear nobody in this area can touch this guys prices on tires

He has tons in stock and you would want to make sure you have an appointment because they are always busy
                          2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

I now work with a guy that worked there a couple years ago
                            He told me they buy truck loads of tires, when every one else is out of stock including the dealer they still have stock

Comment

Working...
                            X