X

tire purchase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire purchase?

I know this has probably already been gone thru on a thread before but where is the best place to buy tires for my 01 kat looking at the metzel z6. I am trying to be thrifty have to replace the rear one on my bike because it apparently has a puncture in it because it keeps going flat,and the front one is notched something terrible,it's like riding on square wheels,so who has the best deals,looking at going with a 150/70-17 for the rear and a 120/70-17 for the front,any advice?

I keep hearing that Bike Bandit.com and Dennis Kirk.com have some great deals on the Met Z6, you might be able to catch a free shipping deal or something. I live within a few mile of an Iron Pony, so that's where I purchased my Met Z6 @ last year...
    [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Well, if your not set on the Metzeler's, then check ridedirect.com. I just got a set of the Conti Road attacks in the sizes that you mentioned for $230, and free shipping.
      Semper Fi
      1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

Check other places...
        Then go to Dennis Kirk. They'll beat the lowest price by a dollar, and the Z6 Roadtec is on sale there, as they are stocking the new Interacts...

Comment

Originally posted by jimwag81 View Post
          Well, if your not set on the Metzeler's, then check ridedirect.com. I just got a set of the Conti Road attacks in the sizes that you mentioned for $230, and free shipping.
          I have Conti Road Attacks as well. Great tires.

Semper Fi, bro. 3/9 1st MarDiv '88-'92
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

Southwest Moto Tires - Free shipping (on two or more tires), good selection, but they are drop shipped from the distributor. That makes for super fast shipping, but for returns or dealing with replacements, I don't know.

American Motorcycle Tire - Sometimes they offer free shipping. Tires are shipped from their warehouses.

Derby Cycles - never ordered from them personally, but if they sell the brand you are looking for, the prices are pretty damn good. They charge shipping, and it is a little difficult to figure out what they are going to charge for shipping, as I couldn't find a way to figure it out before completing an order. I have heard others say they were in the $15 range for a pair of tires.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

To figure out shipping on Derby Cycle just enter your zip code and then go down to "verify order" on the complete order page. The page will reload telling you the shipping cost.

@jimwag81 Thanks for sharing that site (ridedirect.com) they are cheaper then derbycycle.com for the Conti Road Attack by $15! The local dealership quoted me $311 for the set... Good thing they will price match with online retailers.

Comment

All of those are great suggestions, but have you tried your local shops yet? The Z6 has been out for a while and they may be able to get you a good deal on it. And most shops charge less, or nothing, for mount/balance if you get the tires there. Just make a few phone calls and see. Example of checking your local shops, I got new tires for my truck a couple of months ago. I got Goodyear SR-A's for $80/tire, thats a $100+ per tire normally.
                Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

can any one tell me if Shinko 009 ravens are good..I only use my bike mostly on the weekends. I like to travel the coast and L.A freways. what do you guys think about this tires? I've seen mostly good reviews online about them and a great bargain at $145 a set. Thanks for the imput.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky7 View Post
                    can any one tell me if Shinko 009 ravens are good..I only use my bike mostly on the weekends. I like to travel the coast and L.A freways. what do you guys think about this tires? I've seen mostly good reviews online about them and a great bargain at $145 a set. Thanks for the imput.

the shinko's arent a bad tire... but you do get what you pay for. i have a set on right now... they grip well, they're pretty comftorable, but they do wear pretty fast... most you'll prolly be able to get outta them is 8-10k... if your easy on the throttle

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                    "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

i got a set of Dunlop d221 160/60/17 on the rear and a 120/60/17 on the front.... best tire i have ever had.. excellent grip at the drag strip, excellent grip in the rain i tried the Metzeler's and a set of Conti Road attacks, i prefer the dunlops over the others
                      Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

i use a dunlop sport max qual and love it, but i also when up a size in the rear to a 160.

Comment

Everyone I sell Dunlops, Contis, Shinko, Michelin, and few others that I can not remember. I do not have the Shinko's listed on my site though.

Anyway when choosing tires you have to look at they style of riding you do and go from there. For the most part you are going to be just fine with a sport touring tire. I run regular sport tires. Anyway figure out what you want to run look for a good price, make sure the tire is not old even though it is brand new it can be past its shelf life. Buy the tires and go ride.
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

tire purchase

Does anybody know anything about a website called kneedraggers.com they look like they are the cheapest on the tires.

Comment

Originally posted by luvmykatana View Post
                              Does anybody know anything about a website called kneedraggers.com they look like they are the cheapest on the tires.
                              I'll vouch for them. Fast shipping IIRC.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X