X

Bad idea?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad idea?

i was thinking of mounting some Pilot Powers this weekend and will be arriving at the Gap on Thursday. i'm pretty sure i can put at least 100 miles on them before i get there. my current Dunlops are getting thin in the middle and cupping slightly but are not down to the tread bars.
    kill the Dunlops on the Dragon
    0%
    Get the Pilots tomorrow
    0%

dont get new tires now unless your gonna ride over 200 miles to break in the new rubber id just go with your old ones if you can

Comment

kill the dunlops while shooting video of the popping of the rear one and get the pilots.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Go for it. I just mounted a set of pilot powers last weekend. I wouldn't worry about not having time to scrub them in. That's what the dragon is for. I'm sure it'll so a pretty good job of getting edge to edge.

I've got about 800kms on mine so far, but after about 100kms of scrubing them in it felt as though they were wrapped in fly paper.

Comment

I am in the middle of trying to get my new tires here and mounted for the Gap. I had thought about having them shipped down there and mounted when I arrived also.
          Things to consider though....1) do you really want to lose a whole day at the Gap waiting to get tires mounted? I've heard several horror stories of just that....a 30 minute tire change takes all day to get in because lots of people need tires down there......2) Do you really want to try to scrub in a new set of tires from 0 miles down there? Sure the roads are great for getting it edge to edge but being from OH you don't have anything around you that even remotely resembles the roads we are going to be on.

Personally I went with the get them on asap and try to get a few miles scrubbed before the twisty stuff. First couple of days are still gonna be real easy riding but I still wanted some resemblance of scrubbed in before I got there.
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

But I HEARD that someone will have a trire-changing station with them ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I just dropped my wheels off to get a set of Stradas put on. I plan on putting a couple under miles on them this weekend, but then again I am so slow that it does not matter if they are scrubbed in or not.

Comment

well i put the Pilots on today and got about 30 miles on them after work, so far so good. i will have them scrubbed in over the weekend.

hey Jim, in this part of OH i do have some nice roads but as you said, nothing like the Gap.

my weekend will be dedicated to breaking in tires and getting my trailer ready, can't wait to see everybody down there. we'll be pulling in early Thursday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by KatDan2
                  hey Jim, in this part of OH i do have some nice roads but as you said, nothing like the Gap.
                  I don't believe you .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

what's not to believe? i did say "some" but there's a lot of straight ones to get to them!

Comment

what's not to believe? i did say "some" but there's a lot of straight ones to get to them!
                      Like out here, two good or ok turns and drive for 5 miles LMAO
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

honestly, you'd probably be surprised just how many decent roads there are within 30 minutes of me.

Comment

honestly, you'd probably be surprised just how many decent roads there are within 30 minutes of me.
                          from Dayton they would have to be south LOL
                          judging by this Miamisburg looks cool
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          Who knows what is next?

Comment

well i put the Pilots on today and got about 30 miles on them after work, so far so good. i will have them scrubbed in over the weekend.

my weekend will be dedicated to breaking in tires and getting my trailer ready, can't wait to see everybody down there. we'll be pulling in early Thursday afternoon.
                            congrats on the new pilots..and be careful scrubbing them in!!!!

We'll see ya down there 8)

Comment

Working...
                            X