X

So now i need a chain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now i need a chain

Well after this weekends ride trying to get the carbs straight I now have a popping chain. So what is the stock size chain and what is the length. I dont think I need new sprockets, but just incase, what size are those as well. Im no stranger to changing chains, just need a tad bit of info. What is a good site to order chains?

Oh and if any one near the hammond Louisiana area has a chain tool I can borrow, let me know! Other wise, grr, ill need one of those too. I used a clip on the 250 but dont think ill chance it on the 750

P.s its an 01 750

Always change atleast the front sprocket with a new chain. The front wears the fastest and suffers the most abuse. I usually get 2 front sprockets and chains to 1 rear sprocket.

start counting the tteth on the rear sprocket, Some will say its 15/47 ...my 98 750 cam stock with 15/45
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I caught a hella deal on my chain at www.denniskirk.com.
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

i see kits for the bike on dennis kirk but not just the chain when you do a search. Anyone know the lenght of the chain?

Ill check out the front sprocket to see how it looks.

Comment

I can get you just a chain if that is all you want. Just let me know.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Drive train---
            freeplay..20 to 30mm with motorcycle on centersatnd.
            stretch limit(21 pin length)..319.4mm
            Hopefully this helps also try downloading the manual, its posted under how to's
            pveity = 100%

Comment

Always change your sprockets with the chain.... Over time the chain and sprockets wear together. Putting a new chain on a sprocket worn for another chain will cause premature wear and wont last nearly as long.

Comment

Working...
              X