X

Pirelli Diablo Strada's Not so great!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirelli Diablo Strada's Not so great!

I've had the strada on for about 2,000 miles and i felt it slide twice today in some curves. That's not a good thing. I've never had a tire slide on me in any curve I've been in since I've had the kat. I know alot of you guys like the strada, but for a hard rider like myself, I'd say it's not the best out there. I'm not bashing, just a warning.

What did you ride before them?

Comment

I've ridden Avon Viper Sports and Avon Storms ST's, and they've never slid. And I've had those all the way to the edge!

Comment

Yea, idk whats on my bike now, but i feel like i slide in corners some times. thats why im buying new ones.
        'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

Comment

How hard are you guys riding? I did a track day on mine and had no issues.

Watch tire pressure are you running? and have you set up your suspension?
          Kyle

Comment

I've got the Stradas on my daytona and have had no issues at all. Possibly sand or oil on the road ?
            Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
            Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I have never had issues with my strada's..ever.
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I'm gonna page my tire guru , the guy who's the reason I stick with the Stradas ......
                BTW , here's some pics to keep you entertained whilst I rouse him .....

Also , tires don't stick as well with a couple thou on 'em as they do fresh . They DO age . Yeah , the Strada ain't a DOT race tire or anything , but unless you do something stupid ,you can't really fault the tire here .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Well, i agree, at first the tires stuck well. i dragged my knees and hit the edges a couple times. They may be good mileage tires, but for hard curves and hard riding, i wouldn't trust them. No oil in the road that i could see, nor was there sand. and i run them at 40 psi.

Comment

40 psi would be a damn good reason to slide them. Avons use higher pressures, but not Pirelli unless you are two up or touring.

I have used Stradas at a track weekend on my SV 650, without a slide. I am an advanced rider. Use them on my Aprilia as the ONLY tire I run on it, and I don't exactly ride timid like.

Run what you like and what makes you feel comfortable. That's the best recommendation I can ever make to anyone, but don't run high pressures in a tire and then b!tch about the tire when they slide on ya. 40psi will never allow them to heat up properly. A "hard rider like yourself" should know that. For shame.....

Nope, they don't stick at all..... Kiddies, don't try this at home....

Yeah, that's a big, heavy, sport touring bike. I ride it like a stole it. On Stradas. Without drama....

What the h3ll... Just for grins, here is my son, at 16 years old, on the SV 650. You guessed it.... On Stradas....

Last edited by meanstrk; 03-25-2009, 07:35 AM.
                    Ron
                    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I think I ran my Stradas around 34 front/38 rear. I'm no knee dragger, but too much psi and it felt a little too slick for me... too little and I felt like I should've just stayed home - couldn't do anything right. By too much or too little, I mean 3 - 5 lbs in either direction.
                      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Count me as another who never had a problem with the Stradas and grip, and I've had them on two bikes. I hate the way they wear, but other than that, no problems.
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet
                        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Never had any issues with the Stradas, and I always pushed them real hard on the Kat. Most likely, you need to adjust the pressure - I ran them over 15K without lose of confidence. I ran 37 psi in front and 39 psi on the rear - for my 195 lb arse. Try lowering the pressure a few psi until you find that "ideal" range.
                          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I'm enjoying mine with noe issues. But then i do ride like a girl
                            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I'm 6'10" 300LBS I ride my bike like I stole it 150+mph and hard braking I ride edege to edege ... what size are you running cause I noticed that the 150 rear that I used to have felt like I was sliding just cause I had ran out of tire ... I was going through turns on my sidewalls .... when I changed to the stradas and changed tired size to 160 in the rear it all went away .. I rune 40PSI only cause I'm a big guy and I make my tired beg for mercy .... I'm not sure if this helps you but I LOVE MY STRADAS !
                              I MAKE THE ROAD BEG FOR MERCY.... THEN I GO FASTER !

Comment

Working...
                              X