X

Another tire thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tire thread

So I will be purchasing some new tires soon. I see everyone recommends the metzeler z6 so I was going to get those. I think I know what size I need but I'd like some reassurance. I have a pre-kat (96).
    120/70ZR17 for the front
    150/70ZR17 for the rear

Anywho, what I wanted to know is what kind of prices i will be looking at to get them mounted, balanced and all that? And what places in Columbus ohio people suggest to get this done?

Thanks,
    J. Walters
    'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

Sizes look right .
    Likely many will say "Iron Pony" .
    I buy mine online and mount them myself to save some cash . Getting it ALL done by a dealer (including purchase of tires) is gonna be costly ....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yea, i dont plan to go to a dealer, and i dont have any experience doing this sort of stuff , so i have to go get it done. But I will check into iron pony's prices
      'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

Comment

as far as getting them mounted, try and find some smaller local shops to do the work for you. i know guy who owns a shop, more of a garage/storage warehouse thing really, and it's just him and one guy he employs that work there. they do some great work for great prices, and very quick. so i suggest looking around for a place like that as opposed to a dealer who is more likely to rip you off, screw things up, lose stuff, and overall make you want to go on a rampage.
        2004 Katana
        GO OWLS!!!

Comment

I bought my z6 roadtec's at the dealers and mounted for a little over 325bucks
          sigpic

Comment

Hey J ...

I'm all about the Conti Road Attacks..If ya want ..come take my bike for a ride and see how they feel. They stick great and the eat up water on rainy days...

As for cost..Iron Pony between 235.00 and 250.00 mounted and balanced w/ tire disposal as well...

Comment

Alright, Ill have to look in to those. How long do they last on average?

Heres the info on replacing tires,
              "- Axles must be removed." what exactly does that mean?
              and what other things should I know?

Oh and i looked at those tires at IP and for the front and rear its $255. Just for the tires
              Last edited by j_wal; 03-24-2009, 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thats seems like an odd requirement, I mean you have to take the axle out to get the wheel off the bike anyway. Why would they need to add that, is that their way of saying the wheel must be off the bike?

Comment

Thats what I want to know. This will be my first new set of tires and im not sure what to do. I was thinking, ride my bike there, buy new tires, have them mounted, drive home on new tires.

Comment

Most places that I know of will do it that way, but its more expensive. In my area you can save yourself nearly $100 if you bring in only the wheels.

Comment

That would be nice, but i havent a clue to what Im doing, nor do i have the tools

Comment

Taking the tires off is easy as pie. The hardest part is having something to hold the bike up while there are no wheels on it

Comment

Get on the phone and call around. Can't hurt.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Hey J..
                            Iron Pony is an accs. store. They don't do drive in tire changes.

Now..if ya want, you can ride the bike over here and use my shop to pull your tires off. I might even look over your shoulder and show ya how to remove and re-intall them. Just give me a call or drop me a PM and let me know...

Comment

All right that makes more sense. And yea that sounds great, Id like to learn how to do alot of this stuff anyway. Ill keep looking around and PM you when I figure out what Im doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X