X

Wheelie Gears?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelie Gears?

Does anyone have a good gear setup for wheelies on the katana 600?

And if so what is your top speed with the setup and what gears/rpms can you wheelie at.
    sigpic

Lol...

Get a huge back sprocket and buy stock in fork seals, the katana is about the worst bike next to a cruiser to wheelie on.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I would buy a new bike for that but I don't do Wheelies so I won't.
      sigpic

RIP CP
      50th Anniv R6
      95 Katana 600
      http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

How much does a katana weight? Fork Seal stock isnt need if you dont come down hard lol.

I dont want to get a really big rear sprocket i want to keep some top end lol.
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you should be looking for a ride that doesn't say Katana on the side.

Comment

He doesn't. He has an RF600.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
              He doesn't. He has an RF600.
              I was just looking for some where to start on my rf600 it would be better then shooting in the dark. You guys are making sound like a katana is going to be no fun to own... seems you cant wheelie with it (im sure it can be done without it being hurt) does it corner good atleast?

This is my Bike
              Last edited by Coreyrf600; 03-19-2009, 11:18 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coreyrf600 View Post
                You guys are making sound like a katana is going to be no fun to own... seems you cant wheelie with it (im sure it can be done without it being hurt) does it corner good atleast?
                It depends on your idea of Fun .

I can't comment on wheelies since I've only done 2 mini ones and they where by accident. But with good tires and your suspensions set up she'll corner pretty damn good. Just remember the Kat, and I would think the RF too are heavier bikes so they are a bit more of a work out in the twisties.
                Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                  It depends on your idea of Fun .

I can't comment on wheelies since I've only done 2 mini ones and they where by accident. But with good tires and your suspensions set up she'll corner pretty damn good. Just remember the Kat, and I would think the RF too are heavier bikes so they are a bit more of a work out in the twisties.
                  Ya the rf is on the heavy side but i can still get the wheel off the ground, But this bike handles so much better in the twistes then my brother sv1000, that might have to do with the seat height and the vtwin motor.
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with what Woobie said . Nice bike !
                    sigpic

RIP CP
                    50th Anniv R6
                    95 Katana 600
                    http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by Salz07 View Post
                      I agree with what Woobie said . Nice bike !
                      Thank you
                      sigpic

Comment

Whats you stock ratio? I've got an excel sheet that should calculate the change in torque/top speed
                        None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                        -Robert Morrison

"
                        well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

the kat will wheelie. I've wheelied fairly well with the stock (15/47) setup. i'm now at a 14/49 setup and it does it even better! i don't do it all the time, but when i feel froggy, i do! I've had my kat a year and haven't needed to replace seals yet. the key is don't come down hard. when it comes up, don't get scared and let off the throttle fast, just hold the throttle steady and it'll come down smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by cpark_12 View Post
                            the kat will wheelie. I've wheelied fairly well with the stock (15/47) setup. i'm now at a 14/49 setup and it does it even better! i don't do it all the time, but when i feel froggy, i do! I've had my kat a year and haven't needed to replace seals yet. the key is don't come down hard. when it comes up, don't get scared and let off the throttle fast, just hold the throttle steady and it'll come down smooth.
                            Exactly there is a specific way.

Im one down in the front, I dont know what the stock gearing is.
                            Last edited by Coreyrf600; 03-20-2009, 07:11 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coreyrf600 View Post
                              Exactly there is a specific way.
                              Yep, just like any other bike. It's the 500+ pounds crashing to the ground that's gonna do you in.

Low power + High weight = horrible stunter

I can power wheelie in 1st 2nd and 3rd, and clutch up the same. I highly doubt you'll be able to clutch the kat up in 3rd, 2nd possibly but you're gonna have to pop the clutch to like...almost redline...

I also imagine it's gonna be hard to get to your BP. Not a lot of power to raise it higher, and too much weight pulling it down. Once you get out of 2nd gear, I imagine it will just thunk down.

But it's your bike and your $ I guess
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X