No announcement yet.
X

Wheelie Gears?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johna600 wheelies his bike pretty easy every time we go ride. He has an 05 katana 600.

Comment

just get it in the air and them remember wide open till you see god then brake lol
      ~Life is simple make a choice and dont look back~!

Comment

Only way to get a GSXF to reliably wheelie, is to install some K&N pods and a rear wheel that is so wide, that it locks against the swingarm.

So I'm told anyway...
        It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

DK you made my night. + rep
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

my friend i dont know why everyone is saying you cant wheelie these bikes.. i do it on all the time 7000rpm dump, pick up get too 11oclock and shift in mid air too second gear ride it till it runs out of power. this can be tricky. uh be careful. lol plus i took two teeth off my front sproket my bike is super torqy sp, but it top speed is 130mph which doesnt bother me i like walking and burning out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb6zSO2lN7c"]YouTube - katana cousins 650f 08/600 06 #3[/ame]
            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JAOWWZewCA"]YouTube - katana cousins 650f 08/600 06[/ame]
            Last edited by gizmocon; 03-20-2009, 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Work hard Play Hard

Comment

No one said it wouldn't, any bike will wheelie, even a Vulcan 900 (yeah, how about that one)

Notice how you couldn't keep it going for more than a few seconds? That's why the Katana is a bad bike to stunt on. Bad things are in your future, you've been warned.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

lol i can walk it further than that. that was last summer when i first tried it.. but only about twice as far..
                Work hard Play Hard

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  No one said it wouldn't, any bike will wheelie, even a Vulcan 900 (yeah, how about that one)
                  My mate at work wheelies his Vulcan...........he's also a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.

Comment

was anyone else thinking....

Yut Uuuuuggghhhh!!!!
                    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                    BMC Notorious 918 HT
                    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post

That doesn't make any sense we wear all of our gear
                        sigpic

Comment

look in the mirror.... there is a pink squid!

i have popped the front up on my 94 600. i was coming to an intersection and my bike ran out of gas and i switched over to RES and the light turned green... the bike wanted to die so i blipped the throttle a lil (to get the fuel flowin) and went on about my way with one wheel in the air for a few yards.
                          Last edited by il_ragazzo; 03-21-2009, 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                          Tony
                          94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Coreyrf600 View Post
                            That doesn't make any sense we wear all of our gear
                            Once I got done laughing at the organ donor, I could not stop wondering what the little pink bug is in the side view mirror?

Comment

Originally posted by cpark_12 View Post
                              the kat will wheelie. I've wheelied fairly well with the stock (15/47) setup. i'm now at a 14/49 setup and it does it even better! i don't do it all the time, but when i feel froggy, i do! I've had my kat a year and haven't needed to replace seals yet. the key is don't come down hard. when it comes up, don't get scared and let off the throttle fast, just hold the throttle steady and it'll come down smooth.
                              ADRELINE JUNKIE!!!!!

"ALWAYS RESPECT WHAT'S IN BETWEEN YOUR LEGS"

sigpic

Comment

How long you wheelie has nothing to do with anything. If it has the power to get it up to the balance point you can keep it there with almost no throttle and the rear brake.
                                I've clutched my 750 up in 2nd several times but its a little fast for my liking and I'm only 170lbs.. roll on the throttle to 4500rpm then keep the throttle and give it a nice long clutch up to peak the rpms. Sometimes it will bounce of the limiter but unless its over 9500 rpm its not coming up in any gear other then first.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-qNoyhP8eA&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - urbanviking[/ame]
                                Last edited by hardlydangerous; 03-23-2009, 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                                98 GSX750F
                                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                                X