X

dunlop d208zr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dunlop d208zr

i'm sure your all waiting for my review of the dunlop d208zr as i posted early this spring that i'd post my results after running through a set.

well a sharp object of some sort desided the air in the tire needed to be joined with all the air thats outside the tire

well i remounted a new rear and the tire odometer gets reset back to zero.
    i will say that after about 3k miles i really like the tire. i've been running it within a pound or two of the katana recommended 33/36. but was really waiting for the summer heat to see how sticky they really are. i did notice a little movement when running full pressure on colder days but the feedback is amazing - you feel everything ! ( it takes a while to get used to )

anyway - time to scrub in a new tire

tim

ever find out what that evil sharp object was?

Comment

nope. but it left a very small hole.

tim

Comment

Probably one of those rubber boring worm thingamajigs...I think they call em nails or something
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I'm on my 4th set of 208's. I love 'em. You get lots of feedback (sort of freaked me out at first) but their nice. When it's cold they take a little longer to warm up, but when they do....really sticky. During summer they warm up in no time.
          sigpic

Comment

YAP , I LOVE THOSE 208s, GR8 TRACTION!!!
            (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

I will agree, when warm/hot, the tires grip and do not let go. HOWEVER, I've been thoroughly disappointed with the grip when it's cool/cold out. Even at the track, on a cool night, I had issues with the back tire spinning badly on launch. On the street, if I whack it open in 1st from a roll @ around 3-4K RPM, the back tire spins crazily, engine zings up to 11k or so, then when it heats up, and the bike starts to catch up to it, it grabs and sends the front end skyward. If I warm it up first, though, it'll just pull up the front end and carry it all through 1st gear maybe 8-10 inches off the ground. Overall, though, it's a good tire, seems to be wearing well, and actually has pretty good stability even in heavy rain.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Well Tim, it's definitely hot outside...what are you takes on the Dunzo's?

I'm changing in the next 2 weeks, and I'm thinking about Diablo Stradas for the tire life/grip

Comment

I like the 208's but i am also going to try out the pilot powers next. but i have hadno problem with the gixxer wanting to slide out on me at all. i have had it almost to the edge on a cold morning going to work and nothing
                  The lord is the only passenger I ride with

Comment

Working...
                  X