X

Tire prices Dealer Vs the Net?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire prices Dealer Vs the Net?

Since the time has arrived for me to get new rubber again, Much to the wifes anger lol. I am about to start pricing tires again this season.

Now up here In Canada a lot of bike related Items are Highly marked up, especially tires it seems. I was wondering how is it for you US riders when it comes to the local dealers?

I'll post this years prices when I start calling around but last year a set of Z6s for a 03 Kat was running about $400-450 Cdn plus mounting. That's about $331.23-364.39 US for a set of tires.

So how do US dealers compare pricewise? Are they even close to internet prices?

Oh and since she was already pissed off, I also told her I needed Sprockets, a new chain, Spark plugs and a new helmet . I figure I wasn't gonna get laid anyway so I might as wel hit her with everything at once .
    Kyle

"So how do US dealers compare pricewise? Are they even close to internet prices? "
    Not even close .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

America's trusted online source to shop the best discounted Motorcycle, UTV, ATV, Side by Side, and 4 Wheeler aftermarket tires, gear, parts and accessories.

dealer(s) wanted $35+ more
      Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

Comment

Set of Stradas (americanmototire.com)......................$192.-
        Dealer Setup (mounted and balanced)........................ $70.-
        Feeling like Rossi, on my good old Kat................... Priceless
        D&K

Comment

yea man americanmototire or something is the place to go pretty good selection and AWESOME price

Comment

yeah thats not a bad place.
            Katana 750 2002

Comment

I recently had to buy a battery for my kat.

Dealer- $80
              Local battery store- $25

Think of the profit margin they must have on those things!
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

One of our local dealers is actually pretty good as far as prices go. Any of the tires they carry or can get are like 50% off MSRP. But when you throw in the dealer mounting and balancing it adds up. I think when I got my Dunlops earlier this year, the total bill was less than $200 which from what I can tell was a decent deal. It was cheaper than the prices that I found on the internet for the tires alone.

Comment

They wanted $129 to mount a set of tires at the two US dealers I asked.

I ended up buying my tires from Ronayers, driving over to a US address to pick them up and paid $19 in tax at the border and for $15 (cdn) a local guy mounted and balanced them.

The highest dealer I've seen in Canada was $99 cdn to mount a set of tires.
                  Kyle

Comment

Working...
                  X